Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

found out the sex of the baby today!!! also discovered just how bad our finances are...**edit**

Posted by   + Show Post

so. had to go in to see my doctor today, had an ultrasound on fri, went to use dh's credit card to get gas, declined. thank god i went in to pay first, and thank god for small town business owners who know you. old man ackland filled my car and told me to pay him back later today, dh is in saskatoon so i was planning on getting some cash from him. 

on drive in to stoon i talked to my friend wes's mom who lives in town, she told me she would love to watch ds, and refused what i have been paying $120/wk, and said she would for $50/wk. so  phew that was one less worry. my sister R is staying at moms, and not coming out as previously planned. another less worry. 

but i have been in pain in my lower pelvic area for about a week now, and by the time we reached the city every bump in the road made me want to cry, it hurt so bad. get to the doctors, waddle in and had a chat with my doctor, he told me the ultrasound showed A BOY! ( i KNEW it!) and that my placenta is attached to the frontal wall of my uterus, just above my pelvic boney area, another wards, where it has been hurting. 

so he put me on sick leave, recommended i quit my employment asap, and made me a copy for boss and a copy for EI. huge reliefe, because i am honestly just so worn out it isn't funny.

anyways; went to meet DH at the A&W, ordered some food go to pay with debit "declined" moment of horror. we quickly cancel our order and leave, go back to the hotel where dh is staying while he is taking this week long course for his job. 

neither of us have ANY money until we get paid next friday. both of our accounts are at their line of credit limit, mine is -500 his is -1000. none of the credit cards are any good.

at this point i am stunned, just, stunned. we have never gotten to this point before. ended up having a very difficult discussion with him, made him call credit consolidation, and even brought up bankruptcy.

even though we are facing a small crisis, his response is "well what do you want me to do about it?" my god. i hate that answer. laoth it. it puts the responsability of figuring out a solution completely on me. 

my sister ended up emailing me $100 and i gave dh 50, kept 50 for gas, and headed home.

how am i supposed to be able to take sick leave without feeling like everything will fall apart? seriously worried about our future. dh has to take jan and feb off for schooling, at which time he will ALSO be on EI, which slashes out monthly income even more. 

65% of our income goes straight to paying down debt, about $800/mo goes to CREDIT CARDS. seriously? ugh! and $1500/mo for our cars ( which we need, and we owe more than they would sell for) $750/mo mortgage and insurance.  household bills about $600 mo. never mind gas and groceries. 

i left him in stoon feeling like the world is falling out under my feet in slow motion

then half hour ago he calls and tells me he reckons he can sell off the cattle he has and borrow from his parents or some fuckin thing, to pay off all the credit cards, then just pay his parents monthly. 

ok fine. he doesn't want to consolidate because it will ruin our credit. 

i'm just. i dont even know what to think right now.

**edit**

ok a few things; 1) turns out a few payments came out later than we expected, after we had gone grocery and christmas shopping, which is why his balance was zero. we were broke for about 4 days.

2) dh turned around and took out $ from a school trust fund for him, and payed off the credit cards. thank god we no longer have to worry about those, however he will be putting $ back into the trust fund monthly.

3) my doc put me on sick leave, worry about my placenta tearing away from the uerus or rupturing, i am now on EI, and will be able to start taking classes for my youth care worker cert in Feb. 

4) we won't be doing foster care, lol. that was a hair brained idea. and a not so good one *i can admit when i am wrong*

5) everything is going to be FINE. 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (111-120):
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

What is EI 

Quoting D.O.E.:

he will only be on EI for jan and feb while he is in school, here if you have to leave work to continue your education in a trade, you get EI. it's one of the reasons everyone pays into EI. and i am guessing house and car will be paid and i will be putting whatever i can on household bills. 

amid the cattle are apparently his "school fund"  and they are out at his parents farm. would have to send to auction. and yes because the going rate is $1,000-$1,500 cow depending on weight. 10 cattle should cover all the credit cards, which are the biggest problem, and then those cards ae being sliced the fuck up. no more!

Quoting OrientalLily:

I don't have anything constructive to say....

I guess I'm just curious as to how you will be able to afford life when both you and your dh, will be on EI?
And selling cows? Are you on a farm? Will that actually help you out?

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

employment insurnace.......www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/information/outside_canada.shtml

Quoting Bonneata:

What is EI 

Quoting D.O.E.:

he will only be on EI for jan and feb while he is in school, here if you have to leave work to continue your education in a trade, you get EI. it's one of the reasons everyone pays into EI. and i am guessing house and car will be paid and i will be putting whatever i can on household bills. 

amid the cattle are apparently his "school fund"  and they are out at his parents farm. would have to send to auction. and yes because the going rate is $1,000-$1,500 cow depending on weight. 10 cattle should cover all the credit cards, which are the biggest problem, and then those cards ae being sliced the fuck up. no more!

Quoting OrientalLily:

I don't have anything constructive to say....

I guess I'm just curious as to how you will be able to afford life when both you and your dh, will be on EI?
And selling cows? Are you on a farm? Will that actually help you out?

meparty
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

what if your child has autism, and gets a gun and starts shooting people? Will you still love him? cause based on your recent comments, you say all mental ill kids are gonna snap and parents are to blame.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM

i will suprised if my child has autism and i guess i would have to learn about it. about the guns? we dont have guns. and anyone around here who does has their guns in a gun safe, as per the law, and their ammo in another safe, as per the law. i highly doubt i have to worry about that.

Quoting meparty:

what if your child has autism, and gets a gun and starts shooting people?

meparty
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

What about rocky?

Quoting D.O.E.:

i will suprised if my child has autism and i guess i would have to learn about it. about the guns? we dont have guns. and anyone around here who does has their guns in a gun safe, as per the law, and their ammo in another safe, as per the law. i highly doubt i have to worry about that.

Quoting meparty:

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM

what about her? my mom no longer has so much as an air soft gun on her property. 

Quoting meparty:

What about rocky?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM

LOL yea after your teenage sister when psycho.. good choice.

why wasn't she keeping it legal before that? you know locked up and all that jazz.

I do. I keep all my guns locked up. My teen never got his hands on one without permission.

Quoting D.O.E.:

what about her? my mom no longer has so much as an air soft gun on her property. 

Quoting meparty:

What about rocky?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

meparty
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

all guns should always be locked away, and ammo seperate.  all we have is a bb gun, and that is locked up, and ammo seperate too.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

why wasn't she keeping it legal before that? you know locked up and all that jazz.

I do. I keep all my guns locked up. My teen never got his hands on one without permission.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

What about rocky?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I guess we are just more responsible than some canadians.

Quoting meparty:

all guns should always be locked away, and ammo seperate.  all we have is a bb gun, and that is locked up, and ammo seperate too.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

What about rocky?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM

because the coyotes were killing her chickens, she kept it where it could quickly be grabbed. it never occurred to her that my sister would do that. like it probably never occurred to adam lanzas mom that he would do what he did. and it was just a little .22 loaded with birdshot. it's not at all deadly, you can shoot an animal with it and it would only sting them, not kill them. kind of like a pellet gun. i am not defending her having the gun out and in reach, i don't approve at all. but you cant go back and change that, and i am not going to sit here and bash my mom because she has been through hell and back.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

What about rocky?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting meparty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN