Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would this be okay?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
We won't be able to go home to visit family for christmas. So a friend that lives nearby has asked us to join her family for christmas dinner. Since their is only the three of us she said instead of cooking at home we.should just bring a simple dish and join her family but idk. I kind of feel like christmas is a time.for family and that we would be intruding. On the other hand is it rude to say no? What do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashmac03
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I don't think it's rude at all.  We have had friends spend Christmas with us that have no family in the area to spend it with.  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

GO for it.  I never turn down an invitation from a friend.  She is welcoming your family into hers for a holiday which is a wonderful thing to do.  You can make new memories and all that.

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I agree with the other ladies. Go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
If you got an invite its perfectly acceptable to go. It's not like you are randomly dropping in on them out if the blue. We love having friends over for Christmas especially those that live far away from their families. We make a big party and have fun.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I would do it. We live very far away from both of our families. If we didn't go to a friends for holidays, we would just be sitting at home watching boring tv. It's a time for family AND friends to get together, not just family.
MumaSue
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I would go for it and I have taken up invites to Christmas and Thanksgiving when away from family. When you are invited to a friends dinner they feel comfortable asking you to share with them.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
It's not intruding if you are invited, but if you aren't comfortable then don't go.
Ollie123
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM

You should go. It will probally be a lot of fun.

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Go for it. We consider and treat our friends as family, always invite them for holidays or turn them away when they need us. We are a more the merrier sort of family.

i.love.my.life
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Agreed. We even have a separate friends Christmas for those who don't have family around.

Quoting ashmac03:

I don't think it's rude at all.  We have had friends spend Christmas with us that have no family in the area to spend it with.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)