Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Christmas for 8 year old girl.

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 20 Replies
All she says she wants is a hug Amd a kiss from me!

So sweet!

But, it's making it so hard to shop for her! What's popular these days for kids her age? All she does right now is play basketball. She already has everything I could possibly buy for that.

I got her some monster high stuff, kiki's delivery service on DVD, a cuddle up it, a new bike, and a new backpack.

But it's been so easy to shop for her brother, I need a few more ideas for her!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Does she like to read?  Does she like arts and crafts type of stuff or just drawing?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kappalopokis
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Not so much on the reading and doesn't draw much for a kid her age.
Momrr
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM

My 8 year old wanted new nikes' , a tablet, clothes, board games, games for the xbox kinect....good luck.

kappalopokis
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Thanks for the ideas girls. Maybe we should invest in a kinect and an xbox.
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Quoting kappalopokis:

Not so much on the reading and doesn't draw much for a kid her age.

What about Legos?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

CamMa
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Maybe some little bath stuff or lotions or light smelling body sprays? I liked that kind of stuff when I was her age. My parents got me a cute mug set with a hot chocolate tin one year. Clothes..I have a boy, so I don't have a lot of ideas. lol, sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM
My 8 year old DD wanted Stompeez, an easy bake oven, monster high dolls, and a life size Bratz Doll which is about 3 ft tall. She also has a nintendo 3 ds that she loves
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kappalopokis
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
DD has broken 2 DS's since last Christmas. She wants a DS, but understands that we will not buy her another this year.

So 3DS is out, but I wish I could do it for her. She really wants one. Her brother has taken good care of his DS though and it wouldn't be fair.

We don't do Bratz. I don't allow my child to emulate characters like that. Monster High barely made the cut, and only because her mom (this is my stepdaughter) loves it so much, and I like seeing them have something in common.

And, she has an Easy Bake oven, it was a huge deal come birthday time.

So, I guess I should rethink the Stompeez thing. Was trying to avoid those because I have to buy 2 sets, and I was wanting something just for my daughter.

See, this is so hard!

Quoting andersongirl562:

My 8 year old DD wanted Stompeez, an easy bake oven, monster high dolls, and a life size Bratz Doll which is about 3 ft tall. She also has a nintendo 3 ds that she loves

oneplustwins44
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM

What about a CD player for her room? Then you could buy her CD's.

Gift card to the movie theatre.

Leap pad

andersongirl562
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Lol ok

Quoting kappalopokis:

DD has broken 2 DS's since last Christmas. She wants a DS, but understands that we will not buy her another this year.

So 3DS is out, but I wish I could do it for her. She really wants one. Her brother has taken good care of his DS though and it wouldn't be fair.

We don't do Bratz. I don't allow my child to emulate characters like that. Monster High barely made the cut, and only because her mom (this is my stepdaughter) loves it so much, and I like seeing them have something in common.

And, she has an Easy Bake oven, it was a huge deal come birthday time.

So, I guess I should rethink the Stompeez thing. Was trying to avoid those because I have to buy 2 sets, and I was wanting something just for my daughter.

See, this is so hard!

Quoting andersongirl562:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)