Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
All she says she wants is a hug Amd a kiss from me!

So sweet!

But, it's making it so hard to shop for her! What's popular these days for kids her age? All she does right now is play basketball. She already has everything I could possibly buy for that.

I got her some monster high stuff, kiki's delivery service on DVD, a cuddle up it, a new bike, and a new backpack.

But it's been so easy to shop for her brother, I need a few more ideas for her!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
mommy5912
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM

ereader, arts and crafts kits, cd player, mp3 player, bath gift baskets (lotion, bubble bath, bath salts, sponge), books, puzzles, lalaloopsy dolls, jewelry (my 6 year old dd loved getting jewelry)

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Why two sets?

how about Legos?board games? A certificate for an activity?

Quoting kappalopokis:

DD has broken 2 DS's since last Christmas. She wants a DS, but understands that we will not buy her another this year.

So 3DS is out, but I wish I could do it for her. She really wants one. Her brother has taken good care of his DS though and it wouldn't be fair.

We don't do Bratz. I don't allow my child to emulate characters like that. Monster High barely made the cut, and only because her mom (this is my stepdaughter) loves it so much, and I like seeing them have something in common.

And, she has an Easy Bake oven, it was a huge deal come birthday time.

So, I guess I should rethink the Stompeez thing. Was trying to avoid those because I have to buy 2 sets, and I was wanting something just for my daughter.

See, this is so hard!

Quoting andersongirl562:

My 8 year old DD wanted Stompeez, an easy bake oven, monster high dolls, and a life size Bratz Doll which is about 3 ft tall. She also has a nintendo 3 ds that she loves

CafeMom Tickers
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
What about a new book? Or an American girl doll in a basketball uniform?
crzy4mc
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM
My daughter is all in to the ninjago. Do you know if that's something she likes? Or Lego friends? She's also asking for a tablet, but unless I can find a cheap one, it ain't happening.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM

my daughter is 7 and she's asking for monster high, furby, lalaloopsy, lego friends, bizu beads

kappalopokis
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
This is a great idea!

Quoting Roo1234:

What about a new book? Or an American girl doll in a basketball uniform?

kappalopokis
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

My boy is into Ninjago, a little. But not my girl.  She's so hard to shop for!

Quoting crzy4mc:

My daughter is all in to the ninjago. Do you know if that's something she likes? Or Lego friends? She's also asking for a tablet, but unless I can find a cheap one, it ain't happening.

kappalopokis
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

In could get her a cert for a mani-pedi, she loves feeling so grown up!

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Why two sets?

how about Legos?board games? A certificate for an activity?

Quoting kappalopokis:

DD has broken 2 DS's since last Christmas. She wants a DS, but understands that we will not buy her another this year.

So 3DS is out, but I wish I could do it for her. She really wants one. Her brother has taken good care of his DS though and it wouldn't be fair.

We don't do Bratz. I don't allow my child to emulate characters like that. Monster High barely made the cut, and only because her mom (this is my stepdaughter) loves it so much, and I like seeing them have something in common.

And, she has an Easy Bake oven, it was a huge deal come birthday time.

So, I guess I should rethink the Stompeez thing. Was trying to avoid those because I have to buy 2 sets, and I was wanting something just for my daughter.

See, this is so hard!

Quoting andersongirl562:

My 8 year old DD wanted Stompeez, an easy bake oven, monster high dolls, and a life size Bratz Doll which is about 3 ft tall. She also has a nintendo 3 ds that she loves

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM
My 8 yo DD loves things from Bath & Body works. She has a few hand sanitizers and holders, loves the Sweet Pea shower gel and lotion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kappalopokis
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

This a good girly idea. I think i'll try it! Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN