Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He lies all the time.......

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 38 Replies

I am so angry with my daughter's "biological idiot".  He lies all the time.

My daughter is almost 13 years old. Him and I broke up 12 years ago. He has always been a holiday father. You know, the type of guy that shows up around the holidays but doesnt give a shit the rest of the year. He see's her about 3 times a year.

He lives 2 hours away from us.

We have been discussing Christmas plans over the past 3 weeks and finally came to an agreement last week. (or so I thought) He had requested to have her from December 26-31. At first that didnt work for me, but I changed our plans to accommodate him as its in the best interest of my daughter. 

Last night I talked to him and he says we never had the phone call last week. Really? 

He wants my husband or myself to meet him 45 minutes away from our home to drop her off. I told him no. I told him if he wants to see her he is more than welcome but must pick her up and drop her off at home. He says I'm being unreasonable. So, as a "punishment" to me he said fine then that he wants to take her what the court order states and pick her up December 30 and return her January 6. I guarantee the only reason he is doing this is because I made the mistake of telling him we were celebrating Christmas with my family on January 1. So, now my daughter won't be able to be there. As well, she will not be going to his mothers for a visit (she lives 7 hours away from us). 

Ass right?

What is your opinion on the driving situation? 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dommad2
by Tamara on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I think you guys should have split the driving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
schatzi869
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I think you should meet halfway.
Aivlys_
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I would have met him half way...
oneplustwins44
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quoting dommad2:

I think you guys should have split the driving.

I am surprised by the responses.

He does nothing for this child - I figure he should have to pick her up and drop her off the 3 times a year he see's her. My husband and I do everything else for her, why can't he do this one thing?

wildlilacs
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Its only 45 min, an hour and half round trip. Its doable. For the best intetest of your dd you should have agreed.
Its all about her, not about you or him. Sure, he doesnt see her much, his loss. I was willing to meet the X for his yearly visit halfway. About
900 miles away. But he cancelled.
kappalopokis
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM
For the driving thing, you're being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

It couldn't possibly hurt you to drive 45 minutes to meet him.

But why would you want to teach your daughter an important lesson in being considerate.

You reap what you sew. You were uncompromising and now it's his prerogative to do the same.
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM

What does your daughter want to do? I would say she's old enough now to decide when and if she wants to see him. As for the driving I've not been in that situation so I can't really say what I would do.

oneplustwins44
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting kappalopokis:

But why would you want to teach your daughter an important lesson in being considerate.

You reap what you sew. You were uncompromising and now it's his prerogative to do the same.

Does the fact that I do not have a drivers license change your opinion at all? Therefore, my husband would have to be the one to drive her?

I have been more than compromising with him. 

I'm positive if you knew all the facts about the situation you would agree with me.

kagegirl
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

So, you want him to accomodate your schedule but you will not accomodate his? and HE is the selfish one? No, sorry. I can't stand my boys father, but I compromise, even when I don't want to for the sake of the children, not my ego. And my DF and I do everything for them as well. It's not a fucking contest. It's about what is right.

i.love.my.life
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Grow up and be the bigger man. Always stick to the court dates. If you knew the dates, why didn't you work something out for your family Christmas to where she was there?

Quoting kappalopokis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)