Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my mom hates her grandson!! (WWYD?Update-02-07-13) Really hard to understand

Posted by   + Show Post

Joey (16)is my oldest.He is a quiet,shy sensitive boy.Never had a problem with him at school,at home,in the neighborhood. He does what he's told when he's told to do it (no need to "hound" him,kwim?)

My mom came to visit us and she stayed about 2 weeks.During this time she tried to ground Joey 3x.One time was for removing a chair from his room-she kept insisting that "the furniture in this house stays where it is at!" I had already told him tht he could move it to the shed because he bought himself a computer/desk chair  that he liked more. The second time was because he broke a glass and ended up with 5 stitches in his hand...she said he did it on purpose to get out of washing dishes?! Seriously?Cut his hand open so he doesn't have to do his chores?He's never pulled anything like it before,why start now?

I ended up asking her to cut her "vacation" with us short.I walked in on her telling my son that "She WOULD NOT allow him to take her daughter away from her!" WTH?

My brothers and sister are FURIOUS at me,but I can't have my mother harrassing Joey ALL the time for stupid sh*t!! I'm starting to think she's jealous of my kid.But,why? I am confused...any insights?

Ok,she called me and said she would be in Mississippi for about a week.And wanted to know if I would "allow" her to visit us.But,only if I promised to be  civil....And,I understood that everything she did to Joey was "for his own good".  I told her that I failed to see HOW picking on him ALL the time was "good" for him and she wasn't allowed in my house if she wasn't going to treat all my kids equally. 

She refused to apologize.She says that he is my kid so I don't see "How bad he is". The thing is...Hubby and I work full time.A couple of weeks ago they called hubby in early and kept me 4/5 hours longer than I was scheduled for.Hubby hadn't made supper and I got off way after supper time.I had texted Joe and told him to take out leftovers. To my suprise when I got home--Joey had ordered pizza and paid for it with his money (he mows yards,does stuff around the house for older people in the neighborhood). He wouldn't let me pay him back. This is the type of kid  he is. I'm not saying he's perfect because he is NOT,but he is a GOOD,RESPONSIBLE kid.How many parents can actually say this about their 15/16 year olds and really mean it?!

I don't get it.But,my mom will not be allowed to come back unless she swears she will be nice.And/or she apologizes to Joey. Am I doing the right thing? My younger two miss her and I would like my kids to have a relationship with their granmother.(Just not at the expense of my 16 yr. old.)

My hubby decided that there was TOO much arguing going on over my child.So,without telling me he called my mom and invited her to eat with us.As we are sitting down to supper (me about to kill my hubby) My mother informs me-in front of my children that -"You are a BAD wife!" Excuse me? She has always sworn she abhors my husband but now I don't care of him the way I should?! "Men need to feel SPECIAL,honey.And you aren't doing it right." Can I kill her now? This is it. I don't let her bully my kid so,now she is TRYING to do it to me. After we ate I made her leave. I will get with my brothers and sis and see about getting her seen.....She will just have to stay away from my family for now!!!

And,even though I was annoyed at hubby he was just trying to fix a family problem.He now knows it won't work.

Well,I finally got SOME of the truth out of her....My younger brother,Dennis will be 18 this year.He is the type of kid that is always in trouble-not BAD trouble but silly pranks that could seriously hurt him and/or others around him.

I hadn't heard about it because my mom is always trying to convince us that Dennis is just mischievous.In other words,not intentionally bad. Apparently, at some point during November Dennis got put on house arrest by a judge!!He even had an ankle monitor.....Dennis had snuck out,went to a birthday party had 1 beer (Right!) and proceeded to try to drive one of his friends home!! He got caught.

My mom says she just couldn't believe that she had raised a "BAD" kid and she just couldn't see all of this happening to me.I told her that  had it been Joey that pulled this crap the cops/judge wouldn't have to worry about him anymore...I'd kill him.(J/k,but he would be in one hell of a lot of trouble.) She has tried apologizing to Joey,but he won't talk to her.He basically does that "teen-age" shoulder shrug at her and walks off. So,then she tells me I HAVE to make my son talk to her.....I sort of think she deserves his temper right now.I am not getting in the middle of it.bad

Life isn't like a box of chocolates . . . it's more like a jar of jalapenos.. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (161-170):
AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

She wants to treat your son like that, she deserves every bit of the karma that will come back to bite her in the ass.

Uniquecoolio
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
completely unacceptable behavior on her part. wacko
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilyrose842006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I don't blame your son for not wanting to talk to her.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell her "Mom, you made your bed and now you have to lay in it.  You've ruined your relationship with your grandson and it may NEVER be repaired.  But I am NOT going to be the mediator and do it for you.  You will have to eat crow and suck it up and with luck, my wonderful son just might forgive you.  If he doesn't then oh well."

LovemyQ
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM

No one needs to by that toxic lady.

Mrskingman
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I couldn't agree more

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I'd tell her "Mom, you made your bed and now you have to lay in it.  You've ruined your relationship with your grandson and it may NEVER be repaired.  But I am NOT going to be the mediator and do it for you.  You will have to eat crow and suck it up and with luck, my wonderful son just might forgive you.  If he doesn't then oh well."

Follow me over to my group for Neonates, Baby think it over, realcare, and reborn! Collectors welcomed! Click the Pic!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

According to her I'm letting him be rude by not making him talk to her.So not going to happen.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Ha! SHE wants to talk about being rude?!

Quoting brandyblx:

According to her I'm letting him be rude by not making him talk to her.So not going to happen.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Your mom is mentally unwell. Your son sounds awesome, your dh has a good heart. Let grandna stay long distance.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That is EXACTLY what I said to her...she got all "huffy" at me and hung up.Hahahaha

Quoting beadingmom17:

Ha! SHE wants to talk about being rude?!

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
Author: Milton Berle

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN