Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So my daughter took a test at school to see what job she would be good at...

Posted by   + Show Post
She got the most random jobs ever, this is a child that is in all honors classes, taking algebra 2 in 9th grade, and in marchjng band and theater on top of that. She already has her college picked out because they have the best marine biology program. The jobs this test said would be good for her are, taxidermist (I don't see that going well since she can't even squish a bug lol), black smith (wtf!? Someone needs to update this test) ships crewmen (???) and an animal breeder. My smart ass kid says "well I guess I don't need college I'll just breed animals and then taxidermey them on the ship I'm a crewman on while black smithing stands for them"
I wonder how a test like that works I never took one in school that I remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (11-15):
stephs5isenough
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

They started giving those tests to my kids about 3 or 4 years ago.  I am completely against them.

When my son took one he had had big dreams of one thing then he got the test back and it convinced him for a little while that he couldn't do what he had wanted to which is be a military man.  I will tell you right now that he is exactly the kind of person that I want and feel comfortable with fighting for my freedom.  Now he is back on track for his own dreams.

When my daughter took it, she hasn't gotten it back yet, but she is completely offended that they are trying to tell her what to do in life.  My husband says, and I think he is almost right, this is there way of sneaking a little bit of communism in on us by starting to place us in the jobs they want us in.  This is not a real drastic step yet but this may be how it sneaks in.

Click my tag to follow me there.

Merry CHRISTmas.

marinenonstop
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Lmao! She's too much. I took one of those in high school. I think my best fit was seamstress or something like that. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I think it's just to give kids that have no clue an idea of what they may like. They went and talked to their counselor after taking it and she told her counselor her plans and the counselor said "I guess you already know what you want good for you!" Since my kid already researched schools and has her first second and third choice picked out the test is just funny for her

Quoting stephs5isenough:

They started giving those tests to my kids about 3 or 4 years ago.  I am completely against them.

When my son took one he had had big dreams of one thing then he got the test back and it convinced him for a little while that he couldn't do what he had wanted to which is be a military man.  I will tell you right now that he is exactly the kind of person that I want and feel comfortable with fighting for my freedom.  Now he is back on track for his own dreams.

When my daughter took it, she hasn't gotten it back yet, but she is completely offended that they are trying to tell her what to do in life.  My husband says, and I think he is almost right, this is there way of sneaking a little bit of communism in on us by starting to place us in the jobs they want us in.  This is not a real drastic step yet but this may be how it sneaks in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Yeah she's a riot! I should charge admission and have a 2 drink minimum

Quoting marinenonstop:

Lmao! She's too much. I took one of those in high school. I think my best fit was seamstress or something like that. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Awwww...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)