Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need prayers please =)

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I lost my job in March and have been on unemployment. I didn't look for a job at first, I was pregnant and then had my son. I knew it was getting close to running out so I have been looking for a job pretty much DAILY for the past month and a half, EVERY single job I have applied for I haven't got, or it's been filled. There are very few jobs in the town I live in. Heck, only one of the temp agencies has one job.

I am SO stressed out. DH does work, but he will make enough to cover the bills and have a little left over, not much. I have great work history and have management experience... I just wish I could get a job!!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

so yeah... I need prayers that I find a job this week!

hvnly253
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Good Luck. Praying for you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseaLDD
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Praying for you! Have you thought about working online or looking at temp agencies in other cities? You may have to commute a little but it would be worth it to have a job, I think.

DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I've looked everywhere I can think of online a lot of stuff doesn't seem legit. I've applied in my surrounding towns which would be about a 20 min commute but there isn't really anything they're kinda small. I drive a 4wd Tahoe so driving farther than that they'd have to pay me 20$ an hour so I could afford gas lol

Quoting ChelseaLDD:

Praying for you! Have you thought about working online or looking at temp agencies in other cities? You may have to commute a little but it would be worth it to have a job, I think.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseaLDD
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I would try Elance, if you have specific skills (like web design, office administration, etc.) A lot of top companies (like 1800 Flowers, United Health, travel agencies, etc.) use Elance to contract out employees online. I've worked on there before and made a ton of money, but recently quit because I don't need to work and wanted more time with my son. Still, once you build up your client database and reputation on there you can make great money.

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

I've looked everywhere I can think of online a lot of stuff doesn't seem legit. I've applied in my surrounding towns which would be about a 20 min commute but there isn't really anything they're kinda small. I drive a 4wd Tahoe so driving farther than that they'd have to pay me 20$ an hour so I could afford gas lol

Quoting ChelseaLDD:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)