Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you heard anything about Windows 8?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some of the things you’ve been hearing?

Do you have it?  Like it?

typing

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
MamaRae85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I have it. It's an awkward OS to use on anything that isn't a tablet. My laptop came with it, and it's difficult to get used to without a touch screen, since it was clearly designed for touch screens.

That being said, I don't hate it. For people who have a hard time getting used to the app screen, there is actually a 'desktop app', which brings up the desktop you're used to looking at on Windows. Things can be downloaded to the desktop, and I use it for Skype and other things that I like better than the app versions of. I've decided to keep mine, since it's easy to access once you've gotten the hang of it, and since there's such a wide range of easily installed apps to choose from.

TTC2Long
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I haven't heard a thing about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Nothing yet.....

alliesmom112
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I don't have it. I have heard that it is hard to use. 

Loving19mommy92
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

It is fine on the tablets, and the phone, but not for a pc, I think I may like it if my pc was touch screen, I am sticking to windows 7 though. :)

CafeMom Tickers

4noodles4me
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM
We have it in our office because it really has a lot more office tools other then that not on our personal laptops . We have been throwing around the idea of getting touch screens then yes will use it on them.
tayanddyl
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

We will be getting it at work this weekend, I'll know on Monday how I feel about it

baquick
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Df's best friend is works tech support for the DOD and he installed a couple months ago. He absolutely hates it. Says its not user friendly and freezes his computer frequently. Also wont read his external or upgraded video card.
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
My hubby just got a new laptop with it on it and we both hate it.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM

no not really heard much or read up on it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)