Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you heard anything about Windows 8?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some of the things you’ve been hearing?

Do you have it?  Like it?

typing

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (81-85):
Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I have it.  While I am maybe/sort of/thinking about getting used to it...it does drive me stinkin insane some days.  First off, there is no "start" button in the bottom left.  At all.  Anywhere.  Totally different technique to bring up all your programs and I don't have it all figured out yet.  I downloaded all the pictures from my camera two weeks ago and I **still** have not found where it stashed them.  Also, the mouse touch pad...yeah that's a whole new level of crazy.  I didn't have a mouse the first couple of weeks I had this computer so I had to use the touch pad.  But, it does so much more than move the cursor!  Wanna go left on my screen, so I swipe over left.  Only problem is that a left swipe takes me completely out of my internet experience to another screen.  Same with a right swipe.  It's programmed so that certain "swipes," "pinches," and "pulls" will actually navigate to different things and places on the computer like downloads or the windows screen or what have you.  So if all you simply wanted to do was move your cursor to the left, you now have to navigate out of what ever random place the computer opened for you, get back into where you were, and try to navigate your cursor to the left again without once more being sent on a wild goose chase. 

It's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I always change it to classic view. I hate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Sorry i am a mac girl..I don't know anything about windows 8. :(

CrystalPystol
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I have Windows 7. From what little I have seen of 8, I don't like it.

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I have Windows 7 and I like it. I'm not switching to 8.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN