Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 7 year old wants....

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

a name necklace for christmas. I don't think it's a good idea to display her name out there for all strangers to see. My husband thinks we should get it for her. What is your opinion on this matter?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kappalopokis
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Get it for her. She is old enough to give out her first name to whoever she wants anyway.

It's not like its her full name or address.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punchnpie
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Well you can give her one. She's 7 you still can be mother and tell her when and where she can wear it. But if the name necklace will make her feel special go for it.
supermeof3
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I'm w/ you.  I am VERY big on not displaying a childs name.   I wouldn't get it for her.   I'd rather her be upset w/ me than having her name out there for everyone to see.  My kids actually know how I feel about this and don't even want their name on any clothes, backbacks, etc.  They are 9,7,6 and 2.  Maybe you could just talk to her about why it wouldn't be safe to have one, I've done this with my kiddos and they understand.

smenjivar
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I have told her what my reservations are about it. She does understand why, but her older sister (15) has one and of course wants to do what her older sister does. YOu know how that goes.

How about if it was just her first initial? I would probably be alright with that.

Quoting supermeof3:

I'm w/ you.  I am VERY big on not displaying a childs name.   I wouldn't get it for her.   I'd rather her be upset w/ me than having her name out there for everyone to see.  My kids actually know how I feel about this and don't even want their name on any clothes, backbacks, etc.  They are 9,7,6 and 2.  Maybe you could just talk to her about why it wouldn't be safe to have one, I've done this with my kiddos and they understand.

luvcloudydays
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM
What about just her initials?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

How about initials? Or would that look dumb? Can they do all capitals?

bellaamore
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I dont think it is big deal.

smenjivar
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought about that. I think I would be alright with her having her first initial.

Quoting luvcloudydays:

What about just her initials?

smenjivar
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I would probably be alright with her initials. They look pretty nice.

The last one is supposed to be for a couple but I think I could use it for her initials.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

How about initials? Or would that look dumb? Can they do all capitals?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN