Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Funeral Plans - what are yours?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 94 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you know what yours are?

I want to be cremated.

Then I want a wake, or memorial in a house or a hall - not in a funeral parlor.

I want music playing,

You get the idea.

I think a nice compilation video or slide show of my life and the ones I've loved playing.

Lots of food and drinks.

People telling stories about me and my life

I don't want to sit on a mantle or be put in some prentious urn. 

Maybe scattered somewhere would be nice.

SO.. what about you?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitchiesgirl
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM
All the same but I will be in an urn if I passed first... My DH wants to keep until he passes and then his ashes will be combined with mine and half spread in Ireland and half spread where he chooses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drama.Llama
1 mom liked this
I want people to throw a party for me. I want them to celebrate my life. I have already told my husband. And NO ONE is to wear black. They must wear bright colorful shirts.

And I want to be buried next to my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dylansmom08
I told my hubby if I go first and he gas me cremated I will haunt him forever. I just want a normal funeral service. In a funeral home and then everyone go party and think of me. I always say dont cry for me when I'm gone because I'm in a better place.
connie45
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I kow what I don't want - that "death" song ( I think of it that way)  - Ava Maria.   

Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

My son wants to stuff me! LOL I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread at the Hollywood forever cemetery's rose garden.

As for the ceremony I want my family to have what my dad did where they all recall stories about me

militarywife09
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care. I'll be dead.
militarywife09
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Bwhahaha I but got the image of him bringing a girl home and being like "Yeah meet my mom" lol.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

My son wants to stuff me! LOL I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread at the Hollywood forever cemetery's rose garden.

As for the ceremony I want my family to have what my dad did where they all recall stories about me

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM
I'm not sure. Hubby however does he wants to be cremated and some of his ashes turned into tattoo ink and for me to get a memorial tattoo. What I do with the rest of his ashes is up to me he says.
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I want to be cremated.

tifbrown
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

This has been a topic of conversation in my family a lot lately. My grandmother is not doing well at all, so death and planning for it has been on everyones mind. My parents have made it very clear to me what they do and don't want. I know what I would like. As cheap as possible and I want it to be a celebration of my life, rather than the mourning of my death. However they decide to go about that I will be fine with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)