Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you need for a winter baby?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

My dh and I are expecting our third baby on Feb 6th but my ob doubts I will make it to our due date. Anyways our first child was born mid May and our second child was born early March but it was a really mild March I may add. Anyways what do you need for a winter baby? With my first two it was easy because it was so warm out all I had to do was dress them normally and then add a light blanket. But I have no clue what you are supposed to do with a winter baby or what you need. Do you need to crank up the heater in your house? Do you need to keep the baby away from stores to avoid getting sick? Also what does a winter baby actually need in the way of clothes, ect?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
knagsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Warm sleepers. Dd was born with sleep apnea in Oct 2008. She wore warm sleepers a lot with her heart monitor I didn't take her out unless I had too for at least a month then I made sure she stayed in the infant car seat with her baby quilt covering the top. She also had a light blanket covering her legs. She did fine but ended up with rsv Feb 2009. Congrats on Ur baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Lots of warm blankets for trips out and about, I used a lot if sleepers to layer over onesies for extra protection, long sleeve onesies, little pants, warm socks, maybe some mitts, and lots of hats. Fleece is wonderful for winter babies, because its thin enough to go in the car seat and still warm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM

My son was a winter baby and the best thing I had were fleecy jammies, the kind with feet that ZIP, not snap. The snaps are irritating as fuck because they're full body and you don't got the time for that BS. They have newborn ones. You'll also want regular jammies if you have the heat blasting. Also get warm blankies.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

connie45
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I had winter babies, but I'm in Los Angeles. Not much of a winter. Though I did add hats if going out and feet were almost always covered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Carters has some sleepers that are thick with a thick blanket type material I got two for my DD who is due in December in Northern California

mmeredith
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

With my winter baby we got a car seat cover (they have them at wal mart for like $20) & LOTS & lots of thick warm sleepers. She was always really cold so we would do a long sleeve onesie and then a sleeper or her potato sack as we called it. It's like a sleeper but there's no legs it's all together on the bottom if that makes sense.

Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Always put a onesie under every outfit. Car seat covers are great, but honestly they were a pain to me. I just preferred blankets. Get all sizes and thickness.

Our first 2 were winter babies. they were swaddled alllll the time. They liked it until they were 9-10 months at night!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)