Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should I take her out of school early

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

My dd is in a high school production of the show Camelot.  she's been working really hard since September and the show is next week.  Opening day is Next Wednesday @ 3:30 in the afternoon.  there is a show Thursday night ,Friday night and two on Saturday.  For me to go to opening day I'll have to take my younger dd out of school about 30 minutes early in order to get there on time.  She gets out normally at 2:40 but to get to the show on time we have to leave by 2:00-2:10 the latest.  My son will get out of his school on time and can meet us at his sisters school.  My dh will have to leave work early by about 10 minutes but his boss will be fine with that.   I really think I should be there for opening day but I don't like taking my dd out of school early.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Take her out early. It won't hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by Katie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Half an hour early won't hurt towards the end of the day. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:56 AM
I don't think 1/2 an hour is a big deal. If you really don't want to do it, see if she can go home with a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM
IMO 30 is nothing. Probably not too much class instruction going on anyway. I say do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM

It's one day,and half an hour.It'll be fine to take her out early.

raczac
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM
With my sons school if I take him out even just 10 minutes early it is considered a tardy. The only time its not is on party days and then the school let's them leave early. I would just find out and if if it is considered a tardy or not for taking her out early. I would do it if it was one of .my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TresHijas111825
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I would.

debbie26
by Debbie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Yeah i would do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)