Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you try to hold on to these friendships ..or would you just let them go?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Long story short , me and my daughter were going to move two hours away closer to family , because we didn't have anyone here (or so we thought)..i have been having a lot of problems with my daughter lately and i needed physical/emotional support...

Things unfolded and as it turns out the guy that i had been seeing for a while, fessed up about his feelings for me ..and even though he was willing to commute back and forth..me and my daughter chose to stay right where we are for many reasons. 

If you want the full story here is the post.

In any case , two of what i used to think as my closest friends have stopped talking to me. They both expressed that they thought it was a bad move on my part and that they think i will regret it , i told them both that i respect their views but that this is something that i wanted as well as my daughter.

It has been a month since i made the decision...and i have only talked to them MAYBE twice , and it was short ..two sentence convo's and that was it.

Im torn...i don't understand why they are backing away from me like they are...i have the support that i was looking for here , my future fiance is wonderful and our relationship is one that i have never had before ..the difference? Its a HEALTHY relationship! 

I would have stood right by them and been happy for them if they were in my situation...i am not too sure if i should keep fighting to maintain these friendships or to just let them slowly decrease....

WWYD? 

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Uniquecoolio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I would let them go and find new friends......because they sure aren't!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WinterRosesmom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I saylet go hunny. If they are true friends they would be happy for you, you dis what's you thought was best for you and you dd so just let the friends go.... If they are true they'll come back if not I'm sure you'll make new ones

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Long story short , me and my daughter were going to move two hours away closer to family , because we didn't have anyone here (or so we thought)..i have been having a lot of problems with my daughter lately and i needed physical/emotional support...

Things unfolded and as it turns out the guy that i had been seeing for a while, fessed up about his feelings for me ..and even though he was willing to commute back and forth..me and my daughter chose to stay right where we are for many reasons. 

If you want the full story here is the post.

In any case , two of what i used to think as my closest friends have stopped talking to me. They both expressed that they thought it was a bad move on my part and that they think i will regret it , i told them both that i respect their views but that this is something that i wanted as well as my daughter.

It has been a month since i made the decision...and i have only talked to them MAYBE twice , and it was short ..two sentence convo's and that was it.

Im torn...i don't understand why they are backing away from me like they are...i have the support that i was looking for here , my future fiance is wonderful and our relationship is one that i have never had before ..the difference? Its a HEALTHY relationship! 

I would have stood right by them and been happy for them if they were in my situation...i am not too sure if i should keep fighting to maintain these friendships or to just let them slowly decrease....

WWYD? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Cut them loose. They are "adding" nothing  to your friendship.

LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Hard to say. On one hand I wonder if there is not something about your DF that your not seeing. Sometimes friends back away when they feel lost about a situation. OTOH maybe they are jealous bitches
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

no, after the last relationships i have been in ..i seem to have a radar for jerks lol..he definitely isn't one.

He isn't perfect mind you but neither am i...but the biggest thing that gets to me about him is that he doesn't close the bathroom door (when DD isn't around)...so i think im good lol.

Quoting LuvingMy3Girls:

Hard to say. On one hand I wonder if there is not something about your DF that your not seeing. Sometimes friends back away when they feel lost about a situation. OTOH maybe they are jealous bitches

LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Maybe just jealous bitches.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

no, after the last relationships i have been in ..i seem to have a radar for jerks lol..he definitely isn't one.

He isn't perfect mind you but neither am i...but the biggest thing that gets to me about him is that he doesn't close the bathroom door (when DD isn't around)...so i think im good lol.

Quoting LuvingMy3Girls:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Let the friendships slowly decrease, and keep mantaining your healthy relationship. 

Two_Hearts
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN