Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ouija boards- Do you think they're creepy?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD1 went to a sleep over (she's 8) and told me that she and all the girls played with a Ouija Board and now she wants one for our house. I really, really don't like them and feel sweaty and weird even thinking about bringing one into the house. Do I think that they're real? I don't know but, honestly, I'm not going to take the chance, lol.

What do you think about them? Do you have one? And if you don't, would you ever get one? Why?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Replies (101-110):
smushy79
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I have heard too many bad things about them so I would not ever ever get one!

emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM

i refuse to have one in the house, and i refuse to be in a house where they are regularly used. there was a frightening experience as a teenager when a friend used one.

flower_angel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Lol Sorry I wrote a long quote. what types of divination do you usually use?

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Since I can't cut down this quote...I agree with the first part of this reply. Wholeheartedly.

Personally, I prefer other forms of divination.

Quoting flower_angel:

What do you think about them? As another poster has already said they are tools not toys. Ouija Board is a divinatory tool. Its purpose is to answer a question by inviting a spirit(s) to speak to the people/person using the board.

Are they evil? No, no more than your Monopoly board is. In and of itself its just a piece of wood/plastic/metal with letters and numbers on it. Are they dangerous? only in the hands of someone who's untrained or an idiot. if someone is unsure about what their doing, or inexperienced with dealing with spirits, then I think they should try to find some other method of divination or leave divination itself alone. (and I have the same feelings towards the Japanese version called Kokkuri-San.)

and if there are really spirits/ghosts/apparitions ect. out there (and I do believe there are at lest some) that these spirits come in all shapes and sizes, just like people do. some can be dangerous but not all of them are automatically evil. 

Do you have one? Not at this time but I want one. I like most forms of divination and I'm pretty good at using all my other Divination tools (Pendulum, Runes, Tarot, Automatic Writing,Ogham, Tea Leaf Reading, Daphnomancy...) and other forms of Scrying.

And if you don't, would you ever get one? Yes. there are actually three different ones I like and have thought about getting.

Why? I have used other divinatory tools and have never ever had a problem with them. I believe(personally) that the board can't harm anyone unless they allow it to and believe that it does. 

as for the whole opening a door/portal that cant ever be closed thing. I do have something to use in my BOS that if someone has somehow someway accidently opened I know exactly how to close it.

flower_angel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I agree with you. As I said in my first reply, spirits come in all shapes and sizes, and while it is possible that a few can be dangerous not all of them are automatically evil. Your Grandmother is definitely not evil. I think there are a lot more helpful spirits than negative ones but that just might be me.

Quoting specialwingz:

My grandmother came to me through my Ouija board.  She isn't an evil spirit.  She told me that my baby was going to be a girl.  And, even told me my baby would be born on april 15th at 630 pm.  That's when we thought it was all just fun and games.  Because my Due date was March 22.  Well, my due date came and went.  And, week after week, my baby didn't drop.  And, labor didn't come.

Then, on April 15th at noon, I went into labor.  At 630 pm, my beautiful baby girl was laid on my chest.

Now, this was back in 1977.  Before ultrasounds and c-sections were the common thing to do.  So, I had no idea what sex the baby was.  And, there was no sign of the baby being in distress.  So, no c-section needed.  Just good ol' natural childbirth.

So, not all things told by the Ouija board are evil and demonic.

Quoting tifbrown:

YES! Think about it, have you ever heard a story about a Ouija Board bringing good or contacting good spirits? I know I haven't. I won't even touch one. I don't want any of that negative energy.

caban2012
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I have been studying the paranormal for over 20 years. I have never tried to contact a spirit though a Ouija board. I feel its a door I personally can open easily, but would have one hell of a time closing. It seems that using one at your DD age is common. Slumber party 101

flower_angel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Quoting flower_angel:

And if you don't, would you ever get one? Yes. there are actually three different ones I like and have thought about getting.

This is one of the ones I want to get. Its by a fantasy artist named Lisa Parker. 
..MoonShine..
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I have a pendulum (my favorite-it's carnelian) and a tarot deck, and fire.

Quoting flower_angel:

Lol Sorry I wrote a long quote. what types of divination do you usually use?

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Since I can't cut down this quote...I agree with the first part of this reply. Wholeheartedly.

Personally, I prefer other forms of divination.

Quoting flower_angel:

What do you think about them? As another poster has already said they are tools not toys. Ouija Board is a divinatory tool. Its purpose is to answer a question by inviting a spirit(s) to speak to the people/person using the board.

Are they evil? No, no more than your Monopoly board is. In and of itself its just a piece of wood/plastic/metal with letters and numbers on it. Are they dangerous? only in the hands of someone who's untrained or an idiot. if someone is unsure about what their doing, or inexperienced with dealing with spirits, then I think they should try to find some other method of divination or leave divination itself alone. (and I have the same feelings towards the Japanese version called Kokkuri-San.)

and if there are really spirits/ghosts/apparitions ect. out there (and I do believe there are at lest some) that these spirits come in all shapes and sizes, just like people do. some can be dangerous but not all of them are automatically evil. 

Do you have one? Not at this time but I want one. I like most forms of divination and I'm pretty good at using all my other Divination tools (Pendulum, Runes, Tarot, Automatic Writing,Ogham, Tea Leaf Reading, Daphnomancy...) and other forms of Scrying.

Why? I have used other divinatory tools and have never ever had a problem with them. I believe(personally) that the board can't harm anyone unless they allow it to and believe that it does. 

as for the whole opening a door/portal that cant ever be closed thing. I do have something to use in my BOS that if someone has somehow someway accidently opened I know exactly how to close it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Our children do not touch those things.  We live in a home with plenty of..um, extraneous personnel?...so the very last thing we want to do is bring something in the house that can cause problems.  

EmmaGlenn20
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

It's not the actual Ouija board that's the problem, it's the intent with which you use them and what you are channeling. 

I had one as a child and my boyfriend said he wanted it nowhere near him if we were to ever move in together. My husband isn't too keen on them. I used one many years ago and had a very creepy experience with it, never have I used one since. I don't think I ever will.

MommytoTwo.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM

My husband wants ones and I have always told him no. Nothing good can come from having a Ouija board in the house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)