Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ouija boards- Do you think they're creepy?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD1 went to a sleep over (she's 8) and told me that she and all the girls played with a Ouija Board and now she wants one for our house. I really, really don't like them and feel sweaty and weird even thinking about bringing one into the house. Do I think that they're real? I don't know but, honestly, I'm not going to take the chance, lol.

What do you think about them? Do you have one? And if you don't, would you ever get one? Why?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
Dominosmommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I have one. But it was for a play I was in, in high school and I thought it was cool. It doesn't work though but it is fun to play with and scare the mess out of friends.

twicethemomjess
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM
not allowed in my house. i will never ever touch one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2swtboys
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Don't like them. We don't allow it in our house. We don't allow anything that is evil into our house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

We have one, it's just fun. Do I think they can be used to communicate with spirits, maybe, I can see it as possible for the spirit to help move the triangle, but I don't think it will open a portal to the spirit world or something and bring a demon into your house. I mean, it's just a board sold by toys r us, manufatured by the same company that makes Monopoly, it's not like it had some demonic spell put on it. We use it safely, go by the rules. 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister used one in the house once. This was the result:

(back story):

My dads dad had disowned him and told his sisters and mom not to tell him about his being severely ill. Well I guess the guilt got to my aunt and the day before he died, she called and told my dad that his dad was essentially on his deathbed. My dad scrounged all the cash he could and took the train because that was all he could afford. He got there minutes after he died so he never got to make ammends. He wasn't a bad man, just stubborn.

The house my parents rent is owned by a very old couple. The man died a few years after my grandfather. Again, a good man.

My sister screwed with a oija board and suddenly wierd things started happening---the worst happened to her. A brand new cooktop burst into flames while she was using it. Forks flew across the room and hit her in the ass, among other quasi-malicious activity.

We found out later that she had tried to contact our grandfather and find out why he did what he did. She saw him as an asshole. And since the man who owned the house died recently she tried to contact him too.

My other grandfather died in 2008. Since then, most of the malicious activity has stopped. My mom said that sometimes she can feel a hand on her shoulder. She strongly believes he visits her to keep the other two spirits my idiot sister trapped with a oija board in check.

My mom threatened (something) if my sister tried contacting her dad like that. She believes he isn't bound but visits to keep the others in check. If she gets him bound my mom might maime her.

Short story, don't torment those you've lost by trapping them in purgatory when they deserve peace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM
I just prefer to not take any chances. So none here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I had 2 growing up.  I think they're stupid.  I don't believe in any of that.  My 9 year old daughter thinks they're cool.  I bought her a glow in the dark Ouija board and she plays with it, no big deal.

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I belive in Ghosts & Spirits and there would be NO WAY I would ever use an Oujia Board,I have heard some horrible stories about them...

shoot4thestars
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

They scare me.   I don't have one and don't want one.  I would have nightmares for years. lol

Luvmybooskies
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I believe in them and wouldn't allow my kid's to have one. I am very intrigued by the paranormal, but you do not mess with things like that. I always wanted one when I was little and my mom wouldn't let me. I am glad she didn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)