Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ouija boards- Do you think they're creepy?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD1 went to a sleep over (she's 8) and told me that she and all the girls played with a Ouija Board and now she wants one for our house. I really, really don't like them and feel sweaty and weird even thinking about bringing one into the house. Do I think that they're real? I don't know but, honestly, I'm not going to take the chance, lol.

What do you think about them? Do you have one? And if you don't, would you ever get one? Why?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
PurpleChaos
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Only the legit ones, not the store bought ones.

The legit ones need a whole ceremony type thing. A certain type of wood, a few drops of virgin blood, then it needs to be smoked, and some other stuff. I don't mess with stuff that requires blood. Bad jui jui. 

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I don't mind them because there's nothing weird or spooky about them. They don't summon anything, they don't do anything, they aren't more than a hunk of wood or plastic with letters and numbers on it. Sorry, mass produced toy manufacturers don't hold the power of God. I think they are a stupid and silly concept and fit only to provide entertainment to silly children.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

StrawberryCool

DO NOT BRING ONE INTO YOUR HOME. 

i was messing around with an app on my phone for one, and i swear to youo my house is now haunted.

dingysfamily

I've never really thought of them as evil; to me it's just a silly thing to play with.  I don't believe they work period, so they have no power over me - or my family, for that matter - one way or the other.  If my kids wanted to play with one I'd have no problem with it; but then my kids are all grown now and I can't stop them.  But they were brought up where I think they wouldn't allow something like that to have any power over them anyway.

christina0607
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I find it hilarious that people think they actually possess some real power. As if line made, massed produced toys could actually communicate with the dead. sometimes I have to really wonder about the human race.

We don't have one, but I did as a child when they were popular.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I truely believe they can bring harm to those who misuse it and dont understand what could happen.  I have never been around one nor do i want to be.  I count myself fortunate none of my friends were into that growing up.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I had one when I was a kid, had to have one after seeing the movie "Witchboard"!  It was a staple at every sleepover. If my kids wanted one, I would let them get one, I don't have any fear of a Milton Bradley board purchased at Toys R Us

MrS.GiFFord
by Brittany on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Creepy and not allowed in my house. I've played the Quija board by myself when I was a kid so I know how it works. I won't ever mess with that shit again!

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I think they are creepy- and would not have one in our house. I remember being at a sleepover and talking to my parents on the phone- mentioning the girl was going to bring her Ouija board out later.....my parents came and picked me up before that happened. They wouldn't let me stay at her house any more.

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)