Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ouija boards- Do you think they're creepy?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD1 went to a sleep over (she's 8) and told me that she and all the girls played with a Ouija Board and now she wants one for our house. I really, really don't like them and feel sweaty and weird even thinking about bringing one into the house. Do I think that they're real? I don't know but, honestly, I'm not going to take the chance, lol.

What do you think about them? Do you have one? And if you don't, would you ever get one? Why?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
AMR320
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Seeing that I don't believe in ghosts, I also do not believe a game is anything other than a game. Hasbro is not some evil empire that had contact with the dead. I find all of it lame and ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I tried one once when I was about 12, nothing happened, but I won't buy one. I'd rather play Parcheesi or something interesting.

SunCrazy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I've never played with or owned one. I'm not taking any chances!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2Birds1Stone
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Playing with things like that just opens the door to evil. 

MichelleSw
by Michelle on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM

No, I think they are fake :)

sonnyswoman75
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I agree did it once and swore never again.Too many bad things followed.

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Playing with things like that just opens the door to evil. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I will not have one in the home. They are portals. I do not want something so untamed in the house.
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I do not have one, and I do think they are creepy! Then again I do watch way too many horror movies.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I won't allow one in my house.  I feel that's bringing up demons. Satanic things.  

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I had one for years when I was a child. All of my friends and I played with it lots, and nothing ever happened. I hear of people who are freaked out about it *including my own husband who claims he won't allow our oldest daughter to have one because they're creepy*, but I'm not understanding why. The one I had was like a boardgame *same as what my daughter wants and has wanted for years* with a plastic pointy thing to move around. I don't see what's wrong with that. Am I missing something?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)