Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how much would you charge?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 14 Replies
to wrap presents for people? I was thinking $1 each if they provide materials. is that too much? too little?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
$1 per gift? I honestly have no clue. I hate wrapping gifts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I would pay that. But, it may make more sense to charge by the size of the item; a large box takes more time than a small box with a piece of jewelry.

DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM
most people do so I was gonna post an ad but I'm not sure what to charge.. lol!

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

$1 per gift? I honestly have no clue. I hate wrapping gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalPystol
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I haven't the first clue. Sorry.

storkradio193
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM

It seems reasonable to me.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, nothing. I like to wrap but if I didn't, there is a charity that wraps at the mall, I would go there. Plus if I have to supply the materials and get everything to you, I might as well just do it myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I would have the minimum as a dollar and go up from there depending on the size of the gift

ashmac03
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I honestly don't see why anyone would pay for present wrapping if they have to provide the materials.  I would say $3 small $4 medium $5 large and $7 x-large if you are providing the paper, ribbons, etc.   

DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM
well I didn't know if people preferred their own paper, but good point :)

Quoting ashmac03:

I honestly don't see why anyone would pay for present wrapping if they have to provide the materials.  I would say $3 small $4 medium $5 large and $7 x-large if you are providing the paper, ribbons, etc.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

How long would it take you to wrap a gift? if wrapping one gift takes you 15 minutes then $1 is way too low. Your time is worth something more than $1. So let's say you wrap 4 presents in an hour. (I'm using low values to make the math easier) That's only $4 for that hour. Definitely not worth your time. You want to at LEAST make the equivalent of minimum wage. So if minimum wage is $8, and it takes you 15 minutes to wrap 1 present, you need to charge at least $2 per gift to make it. Of course, I'm sure you'd like to make a little more than minimum wage. 

If it were me, I would go by volume. If a person wants 8 gifts wrapped and all are medium to large and I know it's going to take me about 2 hours, I would charge $20 for the lot. More if they want added embellishments like ribbons and custom bows etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)