Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
to wrap presents for people? I was thinking $1 each if they provide materials. is that too much? too little?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Replies (11-14):
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Quoting ashmac03:

I honestly don't see why anyone would pay for present wrapping if they have to provide the materials.  I would say $3 small $4 medium $5 large and $7 x-large if you are providing the paper, ribbons, etc.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM

if i have to collect the supplies and then bring everything to you and then pay to have everything wrapped it costs less and is less hastle to just do it myself or pay to have it done at the store i'm shopping at rather than make a special trip.

DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM
thank you :) its just an idea cause I know so many people that hate to wrap!

Quoting AMBG825:

How long would it take you to wrap a gift? if wrapping one gift takes you 15 minutes then $1 is way too low. Your time is worth something more than $1. So let's say you wrap 4 presents in an hour. (I'm using low values to make the math easier) That's only $4 for that hour. Definitely not worth your time. You want to at LEAST make the equivalent of minimum wage. So if minimum wage is $8, and it takes you 15 minutes to wrap 1 present, you need to charge at least $2 per gift to make it. Of course, I'm sure you'd like to make a little more than minimum wage. 

If it were me, I would go by volume. If a person wants 8 gifts wrapped and all are medium to large and I know it's going to take me about 2 hours, I would charge $20 for the lot. More if they want added embellishments like ribbons and custom bows etc. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clemmy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

my cousin does this, she charges $2 per package, or $1 per if they provide the supplies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN