Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Xmas question

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 20 Replies
Just a curious thought.

My dd will be 7 next month

Has anyone ever given their kids switches or coal or Santa didn't come because of their behavior? The other day I corrected my daughter about her attitude and said the whole " Santa is watching and it's getting so close he's also checking his list to see whose naughty". She asked what happens if your naughty? And I told her he leaves a lump of coal in your stocking and no presents....etc.

Well with her attitude the other day I was at my wits end and I really considered maybe like a wake-up call and Santa not come...

So ultimately I'm just curious has anyone actually followed through with if you are bad then Santa didn't come??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM
No I haven't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Me either.. Honestly I think I'd feel horrible :/

But then again just as normal everyday life and discipline, if you don't follow through with the consequences then your kids don't learn.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

No I haven't

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM
My dd is 5 and we haven't really had to deal witht the really bad attitude yet. I haven't even thought about that.
DamiensMommy1
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Santa didn't not come at my house, but we definitely had less gifts and Santa wrote my son a letter saying if he was bad this whole school year he wouldn't bring him anything but coal. it really made him think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM
It just started with dd. and I think she's testing her boundaries, but she has a cousin who is 10 and looks up to her like you wouldn't believe and has picked up on this attitude and the cousin also told her its ok to lie as long as its not about important stuff...

me, iwas like "wtf omg ksusbdisbctsknehsinhsni!!!!!!! No that's not right & it's NOT OK!!

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

My dd is 5 and we haven't really had to deal witht the really bad attitude yet. I haven't even thought about that.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM
My husband has threaten to not have Santa come but I stopped him from completing his sentence. I follow through with my punishments with my boys. I just knew I wouldn't be able to have Santa not come :/

Quoting Jrogillio:

Me either.. Honestly I think I'd feel horrible :/

But then again just as normal everyday life and discipline, if you don't follow through with the consequences then your kids don't learn.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

No I haven't

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM
See we do elf on a shelf and Santa sent a letter to her when get elf came back about keeping her room clean and sleeping in her own bed counts as well as being good. It worked bc the room stays immaculate & no more diva fits before bed...

But I might do this maybe one present and only a note in her stocking

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

Santa didn't not come at my house, but we definitely had less gifts and Santa wrote my son a letter saying if he was bad this whole school year he wouldn't bring him anything but coal. it really made him think.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I would take away any stocking stuffers from santa and just label all the wrapped gifts from you.  That way she will get a few presents but also learn how santa deals with naughty children.  How did you correct the behavior at the time?  I think 7 is still the age where correction needs to happen right away rather than later in month.  You might be able to find a video message where santa expresses his disappointment.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Omg that is crazy, ok to lie as long as its not important. We have to deal with my ss who will be 8 next summer. He does things that aren't ok at our house and she picks them up, but we are able to break it because he goes home.

Quoting Jrogillio:

It just started with dd. and I think she's testing her boundaries, but she has a cousin who is 10 and looks up to her like you wouldn't believe and has picked up on this attitude and the cousin also told her its ok to lie as long as its not about important stuff...

me, iwas like "wtf omg ksusbdisbctsknehsinhsni!!!!!!! No that's not right & it's NOT OK!!

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Jrogillio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I explained that the way she spoke to me was disrespectful and unacceptable and will not be tolerated. So after her bath and supper she was to read her AR book for school and go to bed with no tv. I followed through.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would take away any stocking stuffers from santa and just label all the wrapped gifts from you.  That way she will get a few presents but also learn how santa deals with naughty children.  How did you correct the behavior at the time?  I think 7 is still the age where correction needs to happen right away rather than later in month.  You might be able to find a video message where santa expresses his disappointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN