Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you protect your un-vaccinated child?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 20 Replies
First off I am going to say I am very scared of the diseases that vaccines protect against, that is why I would prefer to vaccinate. I am a nurse and have seen some of the effects of these diseases first hand thru my patients. My son is allergic to the preservative that they put in most vaccines (the ones that don't have this he will be getting), therefore can not recieve many of his vaccines. The only vaccines without this preservative are not approved by the FDA. My question is, other than vitamins, is there anything else I can do to protect him? I am also planning a probiotic when he gets a little older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Which vaccines can he not have?  All you can do is strengthen his immune system.  I wonder if a mother is nursing and gets a booster, if that gets passed through the milk and would affect the baby like the regular vaccines.

tansyflower
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM

i am not sure what they are called but you can contact a naturopath and get some sort of safe natural alternative to vaccines.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Not to be rude, but I would figure he would be safest in a room full of vaxed kids verses a room full of unvaxed kids.

Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I agree but as we all know not all moms choose to vaccinate (and I am not talking about those with medical reasons not vaccinate)

Quoting momdoes:

Not to be rude, but I would figure he would be safest in a room full of vaxed kids verses a room full of unvaxed kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I will look into that.

Quoting tansyflower:

i am not sure what they are called but you can contact a naturopath and get some sort of safe natural alternative to vaccines.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM

i wish i knew what the heck is was called...you could post in natural birth and parenting and they would know for sure!

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I will look into that.

Quoting tansyflower:

Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I know the mmr series, flu (not so worried about), but don't know which others yet. His nurse practitioner said they have to do some research to see which others might be available without the preservatives

Quoting frndlyfn:

Which vaccines can he not have?  All you can do is strengthen his immune system.  I wonder if a mother is nursing and gets a booster, if that gets passed through the milk and would affect the baby like the regular vaccines.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Well, to be honest.....children like your son are the reason that I believe that all kids should be vaccinated unless they have a medical reason not to be.

I don't have any good answers for your question, sorry. I hope you get some good advice!

southernsnowfla
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM

First of all let me say I can relate to your dilemma,my youngest child has seizures and the Dr. has recommended that she be exempt from vaccinations. Constant worry and a feeling of wanting to isolate them from the world ,which is definitely not realistic. If you find  a way to protect them please share your findings with me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM
When I get home I am going to try to join that group and ask.

Quoting tansyflower:

i wish i knew what the heck is was called...you could post in natural birth and parenting and they would know for sure!

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I will look into that.

Quoting tansyflower:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN