Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I made a mistake.

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM
  • 20 Replies
I made a huge mistake one night. I woke up to my crying almost 2 year old and was so exhausted that I brought her back to bed with me and fell asleep nursing her. Now she's 2 years old and still wanting to sleep in my bed. I wish I never brought her back to my bed. I need sleep. I can't even cuddle with my husband anymore. I'm so drained. I try telling her to lay down and go to sleep, I rub her back, I sing to her, but nothing works. All she wants to do is lay down and nurse back to sleep in my bed. When she knocks out I lay her down in her crib and she's up 10 minutes later. We're all in the same room right now and expecting to close on a house soon. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I want to start training her to sleep in her crib but I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until we move out and get settled in our house. Any advice is welcome. I feel myself slowly going insane. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

If you plan to be closing son, have you thought about moving her crib out of your room. even just into a hallway?Then you can start getting her used to the idea of sleeping alone. Also make sure you keep talking about the new house and that that means she will be alone there too. Remind her of this everyday(many times a day), so it's not a huge surprise.

I'm surprised that your closing is so soon but you don't have a date. Is it a short dale?

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I talk to her about it but she doesn't really understand. My almost 5 year old is excited about it though. I can't move her crib out of the room because we're living with my husband's parents and his mom wouldn't approve. Yes, it's a short sale and this is the 5th closing date. Ugh!

Quoting christina0607:

If you plan to be closing son, have you thought about moving her crib out of your room. even just into a hallway?Then you can start getting her used to the idea of sleeping alone. Also make sure you keep talking about the new house and that that means she will be alone there too. Remind her of this everyday(many times a day), so it's not a huge surprise.

I'm surprised that your closing is so soon but you don't have a date. Is it a short dale?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrystalPystol
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I hope everything works out!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Thank you!

Quoting CrystalPystol:

I hope everything works out!

christina0607
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Of course she doesn't completely understand, she's 2. But she will at some point put it together, probably later rather than sooner. But at least you will have done what you can to prepare her.

Short sales can take a really long time. Banks suck. My sil had an offer accepted  4 months ago and it doesn't look like she will be closing anytime soon. We have friends that waited 11 months after an accepted offer. Good luck.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I talk to her about it but she doesn't really understand. My almost 5 year old is excited about it though. I can't move her crib out of the room because we're living with my husband's parents and his mom wouldn't approve. Yes, it's a short sale and this is the 5th closing date. Ugh!

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I made the same mistake with my now 4 year old when he was younger. I also had to share a room with him because we were living in my mom's basement. I couldn't take him hogging the bed anymore so I moved his bed out into the living room and the first few nights he cried and cried but I didn't go get him. He eventually cried himself to sleep and after that he would just go right to sleep with no crying. 

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Yeah, we started the whole process 5 months ago. :/ I just don't understand why they keep giving up closing dates if it won't be anytime soon. This whole process is annoying. Never again, will I go with a short sale. It's not worth it in my opinion.

Quoting christina0607:

Of course she doesn't completely understand, she's 2. But she will at some point put it together, probably later rather than sooner. But at least you will have done what you can to prepare her.

Short sales can take a really long time. Banks suck. My sil had an offer accepted  4 months ago and it doesn't look like she will be closing anytime soon. We have friends that waited 11 months after an accepted offer. Good luck.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting christina0607:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

See, I can't do that because we are all on the same floor. I live with my husband's parents so they would bitch.

Quoting trishasjunebug:

I made the same mistake with my now 4 year old when he was younger. I also had to share a room with him because we were living in my mom's basement. I couldn't take him hogging the bed anymore so I moved his bed out into the living room and the first few nights he cried and cried but I didn't go get him. He eventually cried himself to sleep and after that he would just go right to sleep with no crying. 

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I just saw that you can't move her into another room. You might want to try putting her down in her bed and then leaving the room until she falls asleep. It's very hard getting them back into their own beds and the first few nights will be very stressful and they will cry like crazy but once you get through the first few nights it will get easier after that.

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM

What I do about my 4 year old? We all sleep in the same room. I don't want her being disturbed because of her little sister's crying. Ugh. If only I could go back to that night and push through the fatigue. :/

Quoting trishasjunebug:

I just saw that you can't move her into another room. You might want to try putting her down in her bed and then leaving the room until she falls asleep. It's very hard getting them back into their own beds and the first few nights will be very stressful and they will cry like crazy but once you get through the first few nights it will get easier after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN