Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I made a huge mistake one night. I woke up to my crying almost 2 year old and was so exhausted that I brought her back to bed with me and fell asleep nursing her. Now she's 2 years old and still wanting to sleep in my bed. I wish I never brought her back to my bed. I need sleep. I can't even cuddle with my husband anymore. I'm so drained. I try telling her to lay down and go to sleep, I rub her back, I sing to her, but nothing works. All she wants to do is lay down and nurse back to sleep in my bed. When she knocks out I lay her down in her crib and she's up 10 minutes later. We're all in the same room right now and expecting to close on a house soon. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I want to start training her to sleep in her crib but I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until we move out and get settled in our house. Any advice is welcome. I feel myself slowly going insane. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Right, that's what I was saying to myself lol. At the time I only had 1 child so it was easier. Sounds like you might have to wait until you close on your new home so that the 4 year old won't be disturbed all night from the crying :( 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

What I do about my 4 year old? We all sleep in the same room. I don't want her being disturbed because of her little sister's crying. Ugh. If only I could go back to that night and push through the fatigue. :/

Quoting trishasjunebug:

I just saw that you can't move her into another room. You might want to try putting her down in her bed and then leaving the room until she falls asleep. It's very hard getting them back into their own beds and the first few nights will be very stressful and they will cry like crazy but once you get through the first few nights it will get easier after that.

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

mcwife86
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

we co-slept for 10 months BUT when i put him in his own crib it was also in his own room. now with your case your child can see you in the bed she wants to be in and so it'll prob be a bit harder. you could try the method i have read in a few books. basically you put the child in the crib, when it cries you go over lay it down, rub its back, and walk away. if the baby gets back up you wait two minutes and then go back over and do the same thing. if she gets back up you wait 4 minutes and do the same thing (each time you add an extra 2 minutes). that way the child doesn't get too terribly worked up, you prove that while you are there for her she isnt getting her way, and eventually it gets worked out.

3lilladies81
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Just wait and deal with it once you are in the new house it's not worth the stress on all of you especially since yu are already stressing.
StoneColdKiller
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:08 PM
When you get to the new place, get her a bed (twin IMO) with a kick ass mattress, she will love to be in her new fancy bed.
mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

My kids never slept in my room BUT I slept with them in their room once they were asleep I left or I spend the night there since my dh was working nights...

pamelax3
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I would wait until you are in your new house

piwife
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I have no suggestions I have bedshare with all my 3 kids. They still come to my bed the 5 and 3 yr old. Once in a while, and the 7 mth old is in my bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cerainwondrland
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I would wait. I started doing cio with my 18 mo he would only cry for 2 minutes then go to sleep it's awesome...now after a few Weeks I lay him in his bed say night night and leave...no crying =D
samiam2919
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yeah.....made that same mistake about 4 years ago and still paying for it today!

pollwyt
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I'd definitely do this if I were you. My son is 7 month old now and hopefully I won't have trouble getting him in his own crib when he gets older. We co-sleep as of now and I nurse him until he's asleep. I've never had trouble with my eldest when she was still a toddler since she doesn't have her own bed, we all co-sleep. There are a few times that she wasn't able to sleep and I just tap her and she's off to dreamland.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

When you get to the new place, get her a bed (twin IMO) with a kick ass mattress, she will love to be in her new fancy bed.

www.optionsforforeclosure.us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)