Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Am I Wrong? (sorry...language & long)

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

So we are currently living with my IL's because of some unforseen circumstances that came up. Well my husbands brother is also living here because he is a lazy bum that refuses to get a job and he has felonies for theft on his criminal record so trying to get a job I guess is pretty much screwed for him...My FIL gave my DH a laptop to use while we are living here because everyone in the house has a computer to use except him...of course we share mine but he likes to get on youtube and watch videos and then I can't get on CM...lol...Everyone in this house also has a lock on their door except the room we are staying in...Well yesterday me, DH and the kids went to the grocery. We were gone about an hour or so and when we came back, put groceries away, ate , got kids ready for bed, DH got stuff together for him to go to work. Well hubby decides he is ready to go to bed, I fold the clothes I had on the bed, he is looking for the computer and can't find it, I said maybe it is under these clothes so I finish and no computer...I look a few more places and then realize the charger is gone also...I said well I don't know where it is but the charger is gone too so he goes and finds his brother and needless to say he went in our room while we were gone...got the computer and had it hooked to his computer playing a game...It's not the fact that he is using it, its the fact that he went in our room while we weren't home & he didnt ask (we have a cell, so does he and he has our number). I have enough respect for other people to not go in their room without asking. (What makes it worse I guess is the fact that my husband has a disability and does the best he can...he goes and works his ass off to provide for us and his parents have always nade him seem like the bad guy and his brother is a damn saint,,,but get this the felony theft charges he has came from his own parents, yes you read that right he broke into his parents house while they were at work and stole from them.) Rant Over...I feel like such a bitch sometimes...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deloit
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM
i feel ya.i tell people don't steal from me,just ask and if able i will give it to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

A lock would be easy to install on your door.I wouldn't leave the house without locking it and making sure all your posessions are in the room.Any chance of ya'll being able to move soon?

DixieMommy1987
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way...a simple phone call would suffice.

Quoting deloit:

i feel ya.i tell people don't steal from me,just ask and if able i will give it to you.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Install a lock on that door asap. A REAL lock, not one of those stupid ones you can open with a pin or a butter knife, the kind that goes on a front door. It's easy to install.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

DixieMommy1987
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM

We are going to get one and hopefully very soon...

Quoting MrsApple:

A lock would be easy to install on your door.I wouldn't leave the house without locking it and making sure all your posessions are in the room.Any chance of ya'll be able to move soon?

indymom72
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be installing a lock...for a number of reasons.  Sorry you are dealing with that!!

mcwife86
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

id go down to Lowe's and get a door knob that has a lock. they aren't hard to put in. just unscrew the old one and screw on the new one. then each of you have a key and when you aren't home lock it. it sucks that you have to take that type of precaution but i have learned while living with roommates when i was younger that they tend to not even think abt boundaries like that.

pamelax3
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a lock and tell the brother next time pickup the phone and ask

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)