Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel like i'm being judged

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

when i go to take my child to the doctor. They make me feel silly when i call to ask a question. Today i called to make a appt. for my son who is 10. They ask whats wrong, I tell them he has been coughing for 2 weeks, not getting any better, has had a headache for 2 days and is complaining his ear hurt.

They laugh and say ok, but can't get you in till 6:15. When i called at 10 am.

Also my 2 younger girls had pneumonia this past week. who knew that was contagious? I rather be safe than sorry. but still I hate it.

Thats my vent for the day!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

EH dont let them get to you.  I personally rather see a mom who is on top of their child(ren)'s health instead of those who ignore any illness.   I never did take dd to doctor when she had a coughing crud for a month.  We just treated it at home with a waterless vaporizer.  With his other symptoms though I would have called or planted my rear end with him in their waiting area.

Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM
How is them saying their soonest entry is 6 something judging you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffanydshives
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

EH dont let them get to you.  I personally rather see a mom who is on top of their child(ren)'s health instead of those who ignore any illness.   I never did take dd to doctor when she had a coughing crud for a month.  We just treated it at home with a waterless vaporizer.  With his other symptoms though I would have called or planted my rear end with him in their waiting area.

All of the kids are coughing. I have been treating it at home with a vaporizer. They have been taking mucinex. They just make me feel stupid. I need to change doctor office, Im trying to find one i like.

Tiffanydshives
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quoting Schauseil:

How is them saying their soonest entry is 6 something judging you?

When they laugh. Like they don't believe me..lol.. This is the first time we been to the office since last year.But in the past week i been there 3 times. because of my 2 other girls. My kids don't get sick easy or very often, I treat it at home if they do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)