Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 19 Replies

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
The baby shower is for the BABY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM

lol @ your rank name.

it's very cute.

=D

Quoting bmw29:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
For the mom thats raising the baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Well at a shower you get stuff for the baby so I would have to say for the soon to be parents. The soon to be parents should give the surrogate a present she can use after the baby is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM

The couple who'll be raising the baby. What would the point be in getting the surrogate baby stuff? She is getting paid to be a surrogate, thats what she gets...

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Are surrogates usually paid?
And showers are for babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM
The parents. I went to my surrogate daughter's and my nephew/surrogate son's as well. My surrogate daughter's mom included me in the shower, which was very sweet but uncomfortable because I only knew her and maybe 2 other people (there were a TON of people there). I politely declined the invitation to her little brother's.

Of course it was a bit different with my nephew because it was my family and I knew everyone there and everyone knew me. It was much less awkward. And when she was opening gifts she gave me an afghan that she had crocheted out of the birthstone colors of all of my babies, which was really sweet and unexpected.

And to address the "the surrogate is getting paid" misconception- not all of us are compensated, and not all compensated surrogates get paid as much as you may think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyGsMommy11
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Throw it for the parents. Surrogate should attend. The parents give the surrogate a token gift.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I'm mobile and don't even remember what it is. LOL

Quoting vinalex0581:

lol @ your rank name.

it's very cute.

=D

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcwife86
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

well the purpose of the baby shower isnt for the mother so much as it is for the baby. you celabrate the baby comming into the world and then you give gifts to the mother for the baby. so it would seem that the most reasonable thing to do would be to haveit for the parents. i mean..its not the surrogate is going to need a crib or a carseat. now if the parents want to have something for the surrogate that would be nice andyes she did a great thing for them and i know i would get her some sort of gift and take her out to a nice dinner but in the end its a bit of a business arrangement. you carry my child for x amount of time and i compensate you in x manner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)