Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New dinner ideas

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am so tired of the same things every week. Please give me more ideas!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

What are your typical meals?   Have you done various soup/stews yet?  Grilled cheese and tomato soup for an easy dinner.  Baked chicken and macaroni casserole.   Meatloaf with winter veggies.

KatieBell2012
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

spaghetti, mac & cheese, turkey sausage, just basic stuff but i want something new

Quoting frndlyfn:

What are your typical meals?   Have you done various soup/stews yet?  Grilled cheese and tomato soup for an easy dinner.  Baked chicken and macaroni casserole.   Meatloaf with winter veggies.

Sammie0402
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Ooh my favorite recipe is super easy. Chicken salsa tacos. I boil my chicken and then shred it. After I shred it I put it in a frying pan and pour in a jar of mild chunky salsa (la Victoria is my fave) an let it simmer. Whalaa! Then heat your flour tortillas and add cheese, lettuce, sour cream, whatever you put in tacos :) super easy. I usually boil the chicken the night before so I can quickly make it, but either ways it's super easy and scrumptious!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammie0402
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Another really easy one is pot roast. Use your crockpot. Cover the bare meat with pepper. Put it in the crockpot and add a few garlic cloves and some onion (I you like that). Then cut up some potatoes, zuchinni, carrots and celery. Let it cook all day on low and dinner is done :) If there is any leftover meat shred it for tacos the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

How about some kind of fish as a protien?  Tuna melt sandwiches are a fun dinner.

SJF1989
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Egg salad sandwiches for something easy, potato salad as a side? Chicken fajitas, mmm talking food is making me starving. Pulling a double at work today no time for food Haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I made a pizza casserole yesterday for the first time.  Baked ziti, lasagna, stuffed peppers, homemade sulisbury steak, slow cooked turkey wings, chicken noodle soup, chili, spaghetti, chicken dumplings, pot roast, roast beef, pork roast, pork chops, itailan meatloaf with tomato gravy, stuffed shells, chicken and or steak fajitas, steak cheese sandwiches.

mommy_jessika
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Red chili and tortillas
Chili beans and corn bread
Paninis & soup
Bbq chicken breast
Breakfast for dinner
Chicken fajitas
Pigs in a blanket
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)