Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you ever date while pregnant?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am not asking because it's something I'm going thru, definitely not. I was just watching a movie and this was one of the plots. 

What are your thoughts? Would you?  

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veganistic
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I guess it would depend. I can't say i would or wouldn't for sure because I've never been in that situation. It seems tacky, but who knows what my circumstances would be? Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

uh was it back-up plan with J-Lo?  I love that movie. If I wasn't involved with the father, or if it was artificial insemanation I might, but realistically how many pregnant ladies would be able to pull that off unless they were super hot, I know i wasn't.

mamakenzi
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:52 AM
I went on a date when I was pregnant. And for all the wrong reasons. My boyfriend bailed as soon as I told him I was pregnant (found out at 5 weeks). I had a girlfriend that set me up with some guy and I went thinking maybe I could find a father for my kid. But the guy wasn't what I wanted and I pulled my head out of my butt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Not on purpose!

Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:39 AM
No I didn't I ended up becoming single and I didn't date although I was hit on a lot! But a girl I work with started dating her boyfriend after she got pregnant and they've been together nearly 3 years and he raises that baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Not at all. I had the opportunity to but dating really was the last thing on my mind. Not to mention that id be nervous that any man that is attracted to a woman (that is not carrying his child) that is expecting would want to keep me knocked up all the time. D:
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:46 AM
I did. I met my ex fiancee & was pregnant in 6 months. He thought we were too young to be parents so I left. My high school crush & I had been best friends for years (since 7th grade) & he was the shoulder I cried on. In less than a month we started dating (I was 4 months pregnant then).

17yrs later we have a total of 5 kids & are divorced.
mcwife86
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM

gosh..i dont know. i guess if it was someone i had known for a long time previously then maybe but if it was just some random guy i hadn't met before then i doubt it.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Probably not. If I wasn't with the father, it probably wasn't a clean breakup so I would focus on me and my baby first and not add a man to the list for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)