Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you wish he took the initiative more? [POLL]

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you wish your partner took the initiative more than he does? [See details below before answering.]

Options:

Yes, I wish he did.

No, it's not necessary.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Do you prefer that your guy do typically "manly" things (whether that means being the breadwinner, being handy around the house, fixes the car, etc) or would you rather he stepped up to do "mom" stuff like make lunches and clean toilets?

What's the division of labor like at your house? Does he take the initiative to do the things you'd like help with?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I picked no because he steps in where I need him to.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Arwyn724
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

When I had a guy, we both contributed (worked) although he made more.  He was good at the 'man' stuff, ie home & car repairs, although he helped around the house if he saw I needed it.  I saw no need to ask or expect more from him.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I said No because my husband has always been a huge part of helping me raise our son (and soon to be daughter). I have never had to ask him to do anything or nag him. He has also been a huge help keeping our house clean so I am not alone during the pregnancy. If I am feeling down he is there to make dinner or breakfast and check on me and it doesn't matter how tired he is or how long he worked he always insists on making sure I am alright. I have a clean home with an awesome little boy that he helped raise and I am thankful for a man like my husband. 

And lately he has been teaching me how to do the "man stuff" so I won't have to rely on a guy all the time. I am getting really good at home repairs lol. 

lilredrosetears
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM
My Hubby is awesome,he is the perfect guy,cooks,cleans and actively involved with dd...couldn't ask for better;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM

This. My DH is a huge help. Especially on the weekends. I have no complaints. 

Quoting jillbailey26:

TugBoatMama
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I do wish he were more of a handy man. He is more of a computer genius. So I am in luck if my computer craps out :)

AJB163
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM
This.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lismore
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM

My husband has always been a very hands-on father and husband.  So there is nothing for him to take more initiative with.
Also - I'm the one who "wears the tool-belt in the family" -- so I'm the one doing many of the "manly" things listed in the question here (except for being bread-winner...that DH and I both agree falls on him).

A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Things are pretty equal around here as far as the division of labor in the household. He works so I do most of the daily household things; however, when he is home, he does whatever he sees that needs to be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)