Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you wish he took the initiative more? [POLL]

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you wish your partner took the initiative more than he does? [See details below before answering.]

Options:

Yes, I wish he did.

No, it's not necessary.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Do you prefer that your guy do typically "manly" things (whether that means being the breadwinner, being handy around the house, fixes the car, etc) or would you rather he stepped up to do "mom" stuff like make lunches and clean toilets?

What's the division of labor like at your house? Does he take the initiative to do the things you'd like help with?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (21-23):
Mommeefit
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

My husband works really hard at work. Like 12 hour days or more some times of the year. He goes in very early and deals with a lot of crap. So the last thing he needs when he comes home is his wife nagging to do something. My husband loves to do yard work, which we share, he is the garbage man, and occasionally does the dishes. His job when he comes home is to play with our son.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Not here. He helps around the house and with the kids so much. I get called lucky by friends and family... I don't think I'm lucky, I think he is smart. I don't get how women are supposed to wait on their husbands hand and foot. Hell no. He might make the money but I literally grew his children. He lives in this house as well and damn well better help with it and the kids are OUR responsibility, not just mine.

MrsRobinson84
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I said no because my husband works very hard. I am a stay at home mom but every now and then he will do the dishes after dinner or help out around the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN