Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What acne treatment actually works for you?

I have somewhat dry sensitive, fair skin. I tried Clean & Clear, and it was way too harsh on my skin, even with the moisturizer. My skin was so dry and red in some areas. It was like I had a sunburn. I have been using Clearasil (sp?) overnight scrub for the past like 3 weeks. I haven't seen much of an improvement. I use 2 different brands in my nightly routine, first its the scrubbing pads from aveeno that are also supposed to help acne, then the clearasil scrub, then clearsil spot treatment, then aveeno moisturizer that is also supposed to help acne. I have been seeing that Burt's Bee's seems to be showing up in more stores. I have only watched one youtube review of it, she loved it. It's a little pricey though. I might get it with my Christmas money from my grandma. Either that, or proactiv.

What do you use? Do you know if Burt's Bee's, or Proactiv would be better for someone with sensitive skin?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
Nursesummer
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Retin A Nd my clarisonic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Growing older. :) Around age 25 I stopped getting acne. I get the occasional spots around aunt flo but it goes away quickly. I do wash my face everyday with Olay face wash with the beads and put on Olay moisturizer. A few times a week I put on a little astringent. I probably eat better now too.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I have had excellent luck with bare minerals. I use all their products including face wash and aside from some blackheads I have virtually flawless skin. I haven't had a real pimple in about 3 years.
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I wash my face with plain Ivory soap and water.  If I get a prime, I dab it with rubbing alcohol a few times, until it dries out and goes away.

I never use scrubs or harsh chemicals....and I never wear make-up so I don't clog my pores daily either.

forsakenjewl24
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM

i use clean and clear a cleaning and then one that evens out the tone in my face and then at night i put my wrinkle cream on my face, i wash my face every other day ish! or when it feels a bit more dirty! and then mhy wrinkle cream nightly

theGreenrose
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I've really been enjoying some of the acne home remedies on this blog:

Holistic Health Herbalist

It's been sooo helpful! I especially love her articles on facial oils for clearing acne =)

LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I don't typically have an acne problem, a small pimple when I have my period is about it. But I use Dermalogica. Expensive but worth every cent.

zombiemommy7
by mamakels on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I cant use anything with acilic acid (sp?) It makes my skin red and actually makes the acne worse. I use a dove beauty bar ( unscented) and my skin has improved so much. I rarely get breakouts now. It also makes my skin so soft.
Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM
well first off you are scrubing your face too much. You should use one in the morning and one at night. Also you need a night moisterizer and one for the day time. I use just one cleanser, Yes To Carrots, you can buy it at Kroger in the healthy mart section or at most healthfood stores. I also you the Yes To Carrots night cream and Olay with spf for the day time.
mikesmom65270
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Proactiv worked wonders on my youngest son.  In his case, the cost was worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)