Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

friends with benefits? really? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 16 Replies
So i have been talking to this guy for awhile. He automatically assumed i was his gf the first day we met. Made me a little uncomfortable but i decided to give it a shot. He keeps telling me loves me and all this. I admit i did say it back a few times but i honestly dont like him in that way. I gave it a month and a half to see if my feelings would change but they didnt. I didnt want to lead him on anymore than i already have so i called him up tonight to talk. Told him i just want to be friends. I wont get into the whole convo but he is trying to turn the tables on me and said we could be friends with benefits. I told him again that i just want to be friends. We barely know each other and i feel like we are rushing into something and i hate that feeling. How hard is it to understand that i just want to be friends? Aint that fucking hard! Idk what else to say or do. He is super sweet but i dont have that spark so to speak. What you ladies do if you were in my situation? Please no bashing. I know i made stupid decisions and i regret it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

No friends with benefits especially if you're not attracted to him. Just say, sorry not my thing if he can't accept it oh well!

AlekD
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I would cut off contact immediately. He is pushing way too hard and sending off major red flags. Sounds like a date rapist to me, not to be too blunt about it.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I would cut off all contact. No real point in being friends with someone who can't accept that that is all the relationship will be.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I have tried to tell him that. But he would never even give him the chance to explain. He kept talking away. I have a mental disorder which causes me to over think everything, get frustrated by everything and lots more. He was really frustrating me tonight when i was trying to talk him. I do like him but not in that way, which i told him.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

No friends with benefits especially if you're not attracted to him. Just say, sorry not my thing if he can't accept it oh well!

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Im going to. He wants me to go to his house tomorrow but i dont want to. And im going to let him know that. He wouldnt give me the chancr tonight cus he wouldnt shut up.

Quoting AlekD:

I would cut off contact immediately. He is pushing way too hard and sending off major red flags. Sounds like a date rapist to me, not to be too blunt about it.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I do like him but not in that way. I told him i want to be friends, get to know him and see where it goes from there but im not even sure i want that anymore.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would cut off all contact. No real point in being friends with someone who can't accept that that is all the relationship will be.

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

He sounds creepy lol especially an over talker, that's someone with way to much to say it sounds like its his way only and not interested to hear if you're for it or against it I'd ignore his calls but you like him as a friend so your call

Quoting armyvet06:

I have tried to tell him that. But he would never even give him the chance to explain. He kept talking away. I have a mental disorder which causes me to over think everything, get frustrated by everything and lots more. He was really frustrating me tonight when i was trying to talk him. I do like him but not in that way, which i told him.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Right now im giving myself serious time to think. I let him know that i need to work on myself (which is true) before i bring someone elsr into the problem.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

He sounds creepy lol especially an over talker, that's someone with way to much to say it sounds like its his way only and not interested to hear if you're for it or against it I'd ignore his calls but you like him as a friend so your call

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

The first red flag was that he quickly assumed that you two were a couple. 

Now, you should just cut off contact. 

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I have a mental disability which makes it harder for me to let go of things. Even just talking to him and letting him know how i feel was really hard for me to do.

Quoting Momof38186:

He's not going to be happy with just friends-- he's made that clear , so I say just cut him off and cut your losses. You don't have  the type of feelings for him you want, so move on :-) Just don't talk to him anymore. That's always hard, I know, but he's stated he doesn't want to be just friends and you DO ,so there's no winning there. *hugs* no one should bash on you 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)