Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

weird need advice

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

my dh is actually home for a saturday so i took my 7 y/o son to our public library. i let him go to the childrens department by himeself (there is an adult librarian there all the time) so he could play on the computers

a little girl was wandering around down there (i guess she was about ten years old) asking people if they needed help. all of a sudden she starts crying and told another patron that her stepdad smacked her in the mouth. librarian called upstairs to see what she needed to do. they asked the little girl if she wanted to call police and she said no that they would do nothing.. she calls her mother and leaves her mother a message that she was tired of her stepdad hitting her in the mouth. she decided to go outside and comes back inside. she thens goes up to the librarian and ask her if she could just get on a game computer because everytime she goes on facebook people says mean stuff to her (she is NOT old enough for a facebook account) anyways by this time i am getting a weird vibe from her and i told my son it was time to go home. i wait for him to log off and the little girl is calling him by name and trying to help him (he does not need help he is quite able to do it himself) i asked him if she was in his class. he said no. i asked where does she know him and he said when his case manager picked him up he saw her then.

NOW my dilemna is

should i mention this to mike his counsler when he picks up robert and let him know what when on? she seemed a little odd.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous2u
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Doesn't hurt. Might as well
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Muss_the_Fuss
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM

you need to do what you feel is right. if a little girl is truly terrified of her step-dad then somthing needs to be done!

p.s. whas the little girl there alone? 

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Case manager?
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Sounds like the girl was attention seeking. Thtas sad
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM

my son has a case manager (he is in counseling for add and oversensitivity) and his case manager picks him up for one on one time and helps him with coping skills

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Case manager?

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM

she was and she was just fine until she started talking to the one patron. and six minutes later she was perfectly fine. it struck me as odd

Quoting Muss_the_Fuss:

you need to do what you feel is right. if a little girl is truly terrified of her step-dad then somthing needs to be done!

Muss_the_Fuss
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

It could be that something 'set it off'... if she mentioned people were mean to her on FB then she might have a problem being bullied, not only online but at school and home as well. My honest advice is to say something! Being bullied in high school myself, it is horrible! The only way to help is to act for her and say something. I wish someone had done that for me, so here is your chance to do it for her.

Hope this helps :)

Quoting silverdawn99:

she was and she was just fine until she started talking to the one patron. and six minutes later she was perfectly fine. it struck me as odd

Quoting Muss_the_Fuss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN