Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you buy Christmas gifts for your child's teachers?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 23 Replies
If so, what do you buy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Im making body scrubs this year. In the past I have gotten mugs with Starbucks gift cards
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Yes
Always gift cards. Always.

As a former teacher that's what's I would want.

Candles, soap, ornaments, mugs, food is all so subjective. Most of that stuff gets re gifted to others.
AliIzzyMom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Thats a great idea! Just curious...when you done gift cards what amount did you give? I am trying to decide for my kiddos teachers. One of my children has autism and is special needs so she alone has 4 teachers she works with each day.....

Quoting KelliansMom:

Im making body scrubs this year. In the past I have gotten mugs with Starbucks gift cards

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Sometimes. If I do it's usually candy.

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Ten bucks he has two teachers

Quoting AliIzzyMom:

Thats a great idea! Just curious...when you done gift cards what amount did you give? I am trying to decide for my kiddos teachers. One of my children has autism and is special needs so she alone has 4 teachers she works with each day.....

Quoting KelliansMom:

AliIzzyMom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM
What amount would you consider a nice amount to get as a gift card. I don't want to appear cheap, but have several teachers to buy for. One child has 4 she works with every single day.

Quoting matofour:

Yes

Candles, soap, ornaments, mugs, food is all so subjective. Most of that stuff gets re gifted to others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont normally, but my son is in K and honestly I think his teacher is just awesome we have become good friends so of course I plan to get her something. Im thinking about a Bath and Body gift card (who doesnt love that stuff).

Like the PP, I have read in many teacher blogs that when you have so many kids you get those gifts that just take up room and none have the heart to toss them.

But I have made a lot of items this year for her classroom, she is a new K teacher so Ive helped her get all her stuff together. Im always buying the classroom items she needs, glue wipes and what not.

matofour
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Dollar amount doesn't really matter. Really. Even as little as five dollars is good in my opinion.

Quoting AliIzzyMom:

What amount would you consider a nice amount to get as a gift card. I don't want to appear cheap, but have several teachers to buy for. One child has 4 she works with every single day.

Quoting matofour:

Yes

BlessednHappy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Yes this will be our first time. I want to get her a gift card but I don't know to where. Any ideas?
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I usually buy candy and a personalized ornament.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN