Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Spinoff from "my b**** friend" vent.

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay ladies she called me, apoligied, okay fine. She wants me to ask yall for help. She wants to know how can she feed 5 kids making $11.39 a hour? She wants to learn to buy on a budget. Her BD is not working, but should be going back soon. The CS will start back up, but for now she needs the help. Can she spend 50.00 a week and still be good? That's $200.00 a month, she got herself in this mess true enough. But its not the kids fault she did a stupid thing. She can work overtime and make a little more money if necessary. But that"s not a all the time thing.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

She should apply for food stamps.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM
She needs to apply for food stamps and/or go to food pantries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

You have to read the post I wrote yesterday. She brought a 2010 car, and was denied FS. Her payment are $333.00 a month. She needed a reliable car to go to work , but I guess it does'nt matter to the welfare people.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Beans, eggs & frozen veggies will be her friends through this. They can eat healthy and well on a budget.

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Quoting JulyBabies:

Beans, eggs & frozen veggies will be her friends through this. They can eat healthy and well on a budget.

Thanks, but what do she do if her kids don't like beans? I remember going to her house one day, and the kids did not eat any of them.

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Maybe she cooked them wrong, can you share a good recipe?

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

She doesn't have the money for her kids to be picky. If she can't get food stamps, and has no other source of income, and can't get food pantry food, those kids will have to eat what's in front of them or not eat. She doesn't have the luxury of making what she knows they'll eat anymore. I don't think it's possible to feed five kids on a budget of fifty a week, but I hope I am wrong and I hope someone on here has the answers she needs.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Omfg welfare does not count car payments as a deduction so she seriously screwed herself. I spend $400/mth for a family of 5 (including toilitries and diapers) and that is with tons of coupons, ad matching and sales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I just read your other post...she got a $20,000 car?! With five kids, and a boyfriend that isn't working? What the fuck is the matter with her? She needs to sell that car and get a cheaper one, my GOD what a stupid thing to have done. She could get a great reliable vehicle for half that cost and have her payments cut in half, STUPID. I don't have a car because I feed my son FIRST.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Omfg welfare does not count car payments as a deduction so she seriously screwed herself. I spend $400/mth for a family of 5 (including toilitries and diapers) and that is with tons of coupons, ad matching and sales.

Yes she did, but we are passed that now, the damage is already done.  $400.00 a month, I don't know what she is going to do. She needs to get a second job, if that's even possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN