Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yes it does PISS me off, but I can not really do anything about it.

It pisses me off that someone can get a large tax payment, more than they even paid in taxes in the first place for things they "want", while we, as the people that make too much, still must pay for the rest of their needs.

It pisses me off that a person that doesn't  work can have basically the same exact things that my husband and I work hard to have.

It pisses me off that people that receive assistance (other than those disabled) are not required to work full time and continue doing so for many, many years.

I am really not against those that need assistance, just those that are not trying to better their situation. It really upsets me to see when someone is a SAHM, there husband only works 20-30 hours a week, and they get everything paid for then get to take that same vacation my husband and I take on their tax money. I am not saying that people on assistance deserve zero fun but the MAJORITY of that money they get back should be used for things they need or saved for a time they will need something. Sorry for this rant.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this

our tax returns always go to: catching up on any behind bills, paying a couple months in advance in rent, clothing,, shoes, a stock up supply of toiletries, food, and a couple family outings like to the movies, children's museum, the bouncy houses, or rent a car and go see family 2 hours away.  And if there's extra with might buy something we want but don't necessarily need.

sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM

You can get Iphones for free now with upgrades and it doesn't cost extra with your plans anymore.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I could have screamed today, was at a Christmas parade and the woman next to me was screaming into her i-phone about her welfare and FS....if you're on welfare and FS, WHY DO YOU HAVE AN I-PHONE???? 

YoungMomtoGirls
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I am sorry you feel all people on assistance are not choosing to better their lives. I am trying to better my life by going back to school. But guess what...that takes time to complete and get  a job. So in the mean time I DO receive food stamps and medicaid for my children. I will not allow my children to starve because of people like you who would rather judge instead of being understanding. I am far from lazy and have only found myself on hard times because my ex DH cheated on me, left his family and rarely pays the child support because he cant keep a job longer than a day. Not to mention I was a SAHM at the time of the divorce so I had no income of my own! Sorry you envy my life because I just have it "all" with the small amount I do receive through food stamps....

YoungMomtoGirls
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM

And I am one of those people that gets back way more than I put in at tax time. Although trust me, I am not going on vacations and having a good time. I am catching up on bills and putting it away in savings!

wildlilacs
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Blah, blah, blah...bitch, bitch, bitch.
Get a life. Look at what you HAVE and be content. Do not be envious of others for that will bring YOU, not them, down. The others really dont give a ratsass about you and your opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Um maybe she has a plan and the phone she got on a discount. Hell the I phone 4 right noe is 98 cents with a 2 year contract with at&t and its only 75 a month. Wth does her phone have to do with it?

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I could have screamed today, was at a Christmas parade and the woman next to me was screaming into her i-phone about her welfare and FS....if you're on welfare and FS, WHY DO YOU HAVE AN I-PHONE???? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:45 AM
4 moms liked this

Why are all of you that are so against those receiving some sort of public assistance always so ready to believe whatever it is you overheard while eavesdropping on someone's conversation, or know because it is being done by your sister's brother-in-law's nanny's stepdaughter, or cite just simply "BECAUSE YOU KNOW" it is happening? I am sure that there are those cheating the system whether we are talking about public assistance, income tax, child support, or the "Take a penny, give a penny" at the local convenience store but I don't believe it is that wide spread and it hardly measures up to the good people that, for whatever reason, need some help.

It's winter holiday time, could we not, even for just awhile, stop this campaign promoting the idea that not every human being measures up to you in terms of being self-sufficient and just wish everyone a happy holiday, whatever holiday they may celebrate, find some joy within our own lives, and hope that in the New Year everyone is blessed with enough?

rayroe2
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:51 AM

I agree, my dh works 40hr a wk. I am a sahm but due to legal issues and a few other things cant get a job. We only get pregnancy medicaid and then Medicaid for my dd and wic. When tax time comes around we save it and only use it on the things we need and to get a head on bills. Even if I had a job I still would spend extra money on useless things. Just not my personality, I have goals, and dreams.

Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:51 AM
If you read my post I never said all people on assistance are IMO neglecting it. In fact the majority of people are not but those (such as my cousin who just got my aunt to pay for her vacation to the Bahamas till she can pay her back with her taxes) are making it bad. I at one point was on unemployment but never sat on my ass not looking for a job and found one quickly. I have another cousin that is working on a promotion to get off assistance (yes she is working full time). I am not saying everyone has to go to school, just that everyone should have a plan how to get off assistance in a reasonable time, and the money they do get on assistance use it wisely instead of blowing it and expecting more help when it is gone.

Quoting YoungMomtoGirls:

I am sorry you feel all people on assistance are not choosing to better their lives. I am trying to better my life by going back to school. But guess what...that takes time to complete and get  a job. So in the mean time I DO receive food stamps and medicaid for my children. I will not allow my children to starve because of people like you who would rather judge instead of being understanding. I am far from lazy and have only found myself on hard times because my ex DH cheated on me, left his family and rarely pays the child support because he cant keep a job longer than a day. Not to mention I was a SAHM at the time of the divorce so I had no income of my own! Sorry you envy my life because I just have it "all" with the small amount I do receive through food stamps....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:55 AM
My friend had an iPhone and 5 iMac computers and she's on foodstamps. She worked for apple and won most of them or got a discount. She got pregnant and had hyperemisis (?) and had to quit. Her husband at the time had a good job but his hours got cut right before baby was born. He found a new job two months later with less pay but he took and they are still trying to get caught up.

She is now trying to sell her iMacs but I guess my point is that you never really know know how or why Someone has what they have.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN