Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yes it does PISS me off, but I can not really do anything about it.

It pisses me off that someone can get a large tax payment, more than they even paid in taxes in the first place for things they "want", while we, as the people that make too much, still must pay for the rest of their needs.

It pisses me off that a person that doesn't  work can have basically the same exact things that my husband and I work hard to have.

It pisses me off that people that receive assistance (other than those disabled) are not required to work full time and continue doing so for many, many years.

I am really not against those that need assistance, just those that are not trying to better their situation. It really upsets me to see when someone is a SAHM, there husband only works 20-30 hours a week, and they get everything paid for then get to take that same vacation my husband and I take on their tax money. I am not saying that people on assistance deserve zero fun but the MAJORITY of that money they get back should be used for things they need or saved for a time they will need something. Sorry for this rant.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
PestPatti
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

And so it begins, people whining about what's fair and what's not.    Get over it, life wasn't supposed to be fair.  And whoever told you it was LIED to you. 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM
We both work, but we adjust our withholding so our taxes come out about even at the end of the year(no big tax refund, but we won't owe much extra either)...because I don't like the govt hanging onto money all year for free.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

TBH, what pisses me off is seeing the wealthy bitch about paying higher taxes. Maybe not you OP, but look at all these ppl that have so much money they don't know what to do with it. Would it really hurt them to help out the lower class? Believe me, they're not giving anything up. They're still gonna go on their fancy vacations and buy the most expensive vehicles. While the majority of the county works their ass off just to get by. 

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this

"I love hearing about how lucky poor people are, it's refreshing" said no sane person ever. These constant rants about how lucky the very poor are? They're stupid. You sound stupid.

By the way, I'm on foodstamps. No, I haven't taken that vacation you're talking about, never had a vacation in my entire life in fact. My husband works full time and I work three shitty pay work at home jobs cause I can't afford daycare. His shitty wage and my shitty wage = shitty fucking lifestyle. I'm so sorry you people with lots more money have it so bad. *folds hands contritely*

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting frndlyfn:

I get angry at all the wealthy people not paying taxes because they have money or property whereas others can barely pay their taxes and suffer for it.

They pay property taxes=-they pay dividends taxes and they pay up to 35% on any EARNED income. And when they die their estates can be taxed at up to 50% So 20 million dollars would become 10 million.

Get your facts straight. The only screw job going on is UNEARNED income being taxed at only 15%-and that is for EVERYONE. So if you want to invest your $8 grand EIC "refund" the taxes on the dividends would only be 15%.

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SOCO101:

TBH, what pisses me off is seeing the wealthy bitch about paying higher taxes. Maybe not you OP, but look at all these ppl that have so much money they don't know what to do with it. Would it really hurt them to help out the lower class? Believe me, they're not giving anything up. They're still gonna go on their fancy vacations and buy the most expensive vehicles. While the majority of the county works their ass off just to get by. 

Why do they have to pay for you? They are already taxed at 35%. They are already FUNDING the poor.  Why should they be required to do more?

That means that 35% of their time is spent earning money to pay taxes....many of the very high wage earners wourk ridiculously long hours-60-90 hour work weeks.   Tell me do you know what it is like to work a 70 hour work week?

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting YoungMomtoGirls:

I am sorry you feel all people on assistance are not choosing to better their lives. I am trying to better my life by going back to school. But guess what...that takes time to complete and get  a job. So in the mean time I DO receive food stamps and medicaid for my children. I will not allow my children to starve because of people like you who would rather judge instead of being understanding. I am far from lazy and have only found myself on hard times because my ex DH cheated on me, left his family and rarely pays the child support because he cant keep a job longer than a day. Not to mention I was a SAHM at the time of the divorce so I had no income of my own! Sorry you envy my life because I just have it "all" with the small amount I do receive through food stamps....

So your choices led you to be on assistance. Glad to see you realize it-because maybe then your girls won't wind up in the same spot.  Guess what-I left my husband and never had to go on PA-because I made different choices than you did.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I do. I used to work 80 hours a week at a thankless job that drove me to drink and paid so little that 80 hours a week barely enabled me to pay all my bills and have enough to eat. And 200 a paycheck being taken out for taxes, 200 that meant I go from eating twice a day to once a day. Don't know about SOCO, but I've been there, and I was poor doing it. Don't feel sorry for the big wigs, no sir not one bit.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting SOCO101:

Why do they have to pay for you? They are already taxed at 35%. They are already FUNDING the poor.  Why should they be required to do more?

That means that 35% of their time is spent earning money to pay taxes....many of the very high wage earners wourk ridiculously long hours-60-90 hour work weeks.   Tell me do you know what it is like to work a 70 hour work week?

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I do. I used to work 80 hours a week at a thankless job that drove me to drink and paid so little that 80 hours a week barely enabled me to pay all my bills and have enough to eat. And 200 a paycheck being taken out for taxes, 200 that meant I go from eating twice a day to once a day. Don't know about SOCO, but I've been there, and I was poor doing it. Don't feel sorry for the big wigs, no sir not one bit.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting SOCO101:

So they should have to do it and you shouldn't have had to?  How is that fair?  At $200 a week for Federal taxes, you paid out $10,400 in taxes yearly (assuming no refund) that is what you would pay on about 60K in income-how come you couldn't live off of that?

SOCO101
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting SOCO101:

Trust me, I know. I also know that you are not paying for me. We are not on any type of PA. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you start jumping down ppl's throats. My husband works at a state penitentiary, working around ppl all day that you lock your doors at night to keep out. We are considered middle class, half of his paycheck goes to TAXES and insurance every month. Do you know what it's like to work in an environment like that, well over 40hrs/week, and still be living paycheck to paycheck all because you pay so much to the government. When we get our taxes back, it's the one time of the year we have the opportunity to get things done to our house that we need, get ahead on a few bills, insurance for our vehicles. All that fun shit. So tell me how it will hurt the 1% to pay a higher tax rate? They're still going to be living their luxurious lifestyles w/o having to sacrifice a damn thing. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)