Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I told my husband that I am a drug addict

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM
  • 20 Replies

I'm addicted to my pills. Bad. I told my dh today and I was honest about everything. We both came from bad upbringings because of drug use in our families. He hates me for it. I hate myself. We are staying with my mother right now, because of some hardships, (long story; we are both working now and on our way out). My mother is a huge enabler. She got me started on the pills in the first place. (I'm not blaming her; it's my own fault). We decided that we are going to stay in a shelter and get me some help. We have both been crying all day. He's sleeping now, and I can't. My mother is threatening to take my kids away if we go to a family shelter. Can she? Can she tell them that I have a drug problem and get them taken away? I love my kids with everything. This is why I decided I need to get out of this house and get help! What do I do? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Danielle on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Any advice? Has anyone beat addiction? I honestly only know one person. That is my grandpa. I want to talk to him about it, but I want him to go on believing that I have it together... 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Im sorry...I dont know if they can take your kids or not. I dont think they would if your getting help. Good luck...hope all goes well and things are looking up for yall soon.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:14 AM
May I ask what pills?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pittiesmom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think they can take your kids just because you've decided to get clean. Is your dh clean? They aren't going to take the kids from a capable father, even if the mother is not able to currently care for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Danielle on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Vicodin and norco. It started out that I got a script for vicodin. even if I just took one, It got me really high and I felt like I was on top of the world. After that I started buying them from my mom, and off the street. It started out I would take them when I was in "pain," but I enjoyed the high too. After that I would take them when my dh and I were having problems, or things weren't going right. Now I don't want to get out of bed without them. 

Quoting terpmama:

May I ask what pills?

angeleyes16
by Danielle on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM

My dh has never taken a drug. (if you don't count occasional alcohol). 

Quoting pittiesmom:

I don't think they can take your kids just because you've decided to get clean. Is your dh clean? They aren't going to take the kids from a capable father, even if the mother is not able to currently care for them.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:21 AM

I've never had an addiction unless you count cigarettes and they are not at all the same thing, so I don't have any advice there, just a big *hug*. Good for you for reaching out. I can tell you with some certainty, if your grandpa loves you like I bet he does,  you should tell him. He's been there done that, he's older and he's got years of wisdom to share with you. I'm sure he would want his granddaughter to reach out to him since he's beaten addiction before, and would want to help you and see you get better. Please, talk to him.

I would like to say that she can't have your kids taken, but I don't know that for certain. All I can say is that pills don't stay in your system longer than three days; if you can make it three days without them, her word means nothing because you will not have the drug in your "system" so to speak if her word did get you tested. I really don't think the can get that done, though. They don't take people's children for having to be in a shelter. You guys are both working...isn't there anything else that can be done? I only ask because a shelter is not a healthy place for kids, some people there are really bad, some not.

I hope you find the help you need. PM me if you need to talk, I can at least listen.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Any advice? Has anyone beat addiction? I honestly only know one person. That is my grandpa. I want to talk to him about it, but I want him to go on believing that I have it together... 

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

angeleyes16
by Danielle on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Thanks for not judging me. I was planning on posting anon, but I figured I might as well not hide. I am really scared. Right now I still have 6 pills left. Dh and I don't know if I should wean off them or quit cold turkey. I know once I don't have them I am probably will be a wreck. I am so thankful that my husband didn't leave me, (I was for sure that he would), and he is helping me through this. I decided I need help now, because I am not putting our kids through what we've been through. I don't want to tell my grandparents, because they raised me, and they tell me all of the time how proud of me they are. I just don't want them to die not being proud. They lost one child to alcohol, and my mom was a cocaine addict. I am terrified that my kids will be taken away, my only will to stop is for my family. 

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I've never had an addiction unless you count cigarettes and they are not at all the same thing, so I don't have any advice there, just a big *hug*. Good for you for reaching out. I can tell you with some certainty, if your grandpa loves you like I bet he does,  you should tell him. He's been there done that, he's older and he's got years of wisdom to share with you. I'm sure he would want his granddaughter to reach out to him since he's beaten addiction before, and would want to help you and see you get better. Please, talk to him.

I would like to say that she can't have your kids taken, but I don't know that for certain. All I can say is that pills don't stay in your system longer than three days; if you can make it three days without them, her word means nothing because you will not have the drug in your "system" so to speak if her word did get you tested. I really don't think the can get that done, though. They don't take people's children for having to be in a shelter. You guys are both working...isn't there anything else that can be done? I only ask because a shelter is not a healthy place for kids, some people there are really bad, some not.

I hope you find the help you need. PM me if you need to talk, I can at least listen.

Quoting angeleyes16:

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I do believe that you will need help to overcome. Can the shelter help you with rehabilitation? I don't really know how it all works. I understand you want your grandparents proud, but your grandfather has beaten addiction and can do you a world of good, so just think about talking to him, okay? Just meditate on it. There might be free resources to get clean, do you need help finding them in your area? I could try. And don't worry about being judged...half the bitches on here have drug problems that are prescribed, and the other half NEED a prescription for their nasty attitudes :)

Quoting angeleyes16:

Thanks for not judging me. I was planning on posting anon, but I figured I might as well not hide. I am really scared. Right now I still have 6 pills left. Dh and I don't know if I should wean off them or quit cold turkey. I know once I don't have them I am probably will be a wreck. I am so thankful that my husband didn't leave me, (I was for sure that he would), and he is helping me through this. I decided I need help now, because I am not putting our kids through what we've been through. I don't want to tell my grandparents, because they raised me, and they tell me all of the time how proud of me they are. I just don't want them to die not being proud. They lost one child to alcohol, and my mom was a cocaine addict. I am terrified that my kids will be taken away, my only will to stop is for my family. 

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting angeleyes16:

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Sorry I don't know anything about what your asking about, good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)