Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should I believe him?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 122 Replies

While setting up our cell phone bill payment I noticed that my DH's talk minutes were quadruple mine. It kinda caught me off gaurd cause he works so much, and he is with me. Who is he talking to? So I checked the call long on the phone bill. 736 minutes of calls to/from an unavailable number for over an hour at a time, 3-4 times a week, mostly when he is commuting to and from work. I confronted him about it and he says its his guy co-worker who he is pretty good friends with. I have no problem with that. I just am slightly suspicious that 2 guys talk on the phone for over an hour at a time, and often.

So cut to Saturday after Thanksgiving. I was out of state at my moms with the kids, and DH had to work. He is a chef and and food-related holiday is crazy busy. I got an email from a lady that wanted to come pick something up I had for sale on Cragis List so I called DH at 8 am at home, where he should have been. No answer. Call his cell, no answer. Call the house and cell a few more times before starting to have a small panic attack that he isnt available. I started to think maybe he wrecked his car, maybe he got hurt. He calls me back a few minutes later claiming he was at the mall shopping. At 8 am. On a Saturday. Something stinks. When I got home 2 days later I notice that his toothbrush is gone. I confronted him and he said he was at a hotel. He and guy co-worker friend has too much to drink Friday night and got a hotel room. MMMkay. 

Today, I get the new cell phone bill. 1237 minutes to the same blocked number. 5 calls alone, on Thanksgiving, over 30 minutes per call, one being 73 minutes. I am starting to think that there is more to the story, but he claims that he is being honest and its just his buddy from work. 

I dunno what to do. 

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

um yeah hell no

TheBrewCrew6
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Thats what Im sayin.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

check his phone history while he is sleeping and see who he is calling

and then call the number

-42-
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I wouldn't buy that load of BS either.

Sorry mama, hope you figure out what's going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lostinindy
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
3 moms liked this
He is cheating. Sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Umm, no. I call bologna. I do not know any guys who talk to other guys that long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Sounds fishy. Have him call the number with you there to hear who it is
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mycheyl
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
4 moms liked this
So before getting the room at a hotel he first sent home to get his toothbrush? What time does the mall open, ours doesn't even open until 9? It definitely seems sketchy.
TheBrewCrew6
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yea, I think its a load of sh*t. His friend has called him before and it never comes up blocked, it says ___ calling. Wouldnt it show up that way in the call log too?

Mamaa2Them19
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Hell no! There's definitely something up! Do some digging;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN