Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He is threatening me with court

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM
  • 119 Replies
I have the "contact or not to contact" post...well my mom talked to his mom and she made all kinds of excuses as to why he hasn't called in almost 5 months. Then I get a text from him today. He said he had problems and couldn't call, blah blah. Well then he called my son and said something about taking him places and didn't bother to ask if he was even getting him or not. Well I told him we needed to talk about it and I told him that he has not contacted him in almost 5 months and that he doesn't have a relationship with him. I also said that my son is unsure about seeing/going with him and that he said if he does want to see him, he wants it to be just him. His gf is coming with him for Christmas. He got mad and blamed me why he doesn't have a relationship with him saying I won't let him come to Texas ( we live in Ga) and see him, blah blah. One there is no CO and two I am not sending my son that far to someone he doesn't really know. I didn't say that, just to y'all. I told him that he needed to come to him where he knows as home. He got really pissed and said he is taking me to court in the spring for joint custody. So now I am freaking out and I decided if he wants to see him at all, he can pay to have supervised visits.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM
3 moms liked this

You best get sole custody right now then before he files.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I didn't even get through  reading your post, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS, there are no excuses aside being in jail or death to not keep up with a kid. lol

greenie63
by Nancy on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

He doesn't have a leg to stand. Judges don't like parents who are absent in a child's life. If he was serious why wouldn't he file now? You can file for custody yourself without retaining a lawyer, go Monday and file. 

shoot4thestars
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Why is waiting until Spring?  If he really wanted to make an effort and man up to being a father he would do something about right now...not wait until it's convenient for him.  But while he's 'waiting' to do anything at all, I would be doing what I needed to do right now!

KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  Do this on Monday if possible. Do not contact him.  Never discuss things over the phone...don't even rely on text messages.  If you have to discuss something with him, then do it over e-mail where it can be documented.  Do not tell him that you are filing for sole custody...he can find that out for himself.

Quoting greenie63:

He doesn't have a leg to stand. Judges don't like parents who are absent in a child's life. If he was serious why wouldn't he file now? You can file for custody yourself without retaining a lawyer, go Monday and file. 

RazzleMySpazz
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM

you need to file FIRST for sole custody!!!! like tomorow morning!!!

if he files first then he may get more than you want him to have!

ANR1390
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
If I file, then wouldn't he get visitation? What should I do about Christmas?
etsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Go get a custody order asap.

ANR1390
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM
He is not asking for much time, but it is how he wants it is the problem. He only wants 2 weeks in the summer, spring break every other year, and part of Christmas break. The problem: he wants my son to fly to him. Instead of him coming to my son.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Nope I do not think he would until  the custody order is final.  Let the courts know he wants the child to leave the state and you do not feel it is safe for the child.   If he wants to come see the child and you supervise it , that is fine.

Quoting ANR1390:

If I file, then wouldn't he get visitation? What should I do about Christmas?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)