Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Husband-free to good home!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

Otherwise I will kill his grouchy ass.We are just laying around watching CSI.And hubby notices his soap opera is coming on (Yes,soap opera.Only man I know that gets as engrossed in the stupid things-LOL) 

He goes to change the channel and I sit up and grab my Kindle.I HATE soap operas!! I didn't sigh,leave the room or anything-just grabbed my Kindle. He hops up out of bed like his a$$ is on fire,tosses the remote and storms out.I follow him to ask what the deal is? He says "You grab your Kindle because you don't like what I'm watching!" "Uh,yeah.The point?" "You don't spend time with me." "Huh? I haven't left the room.You can still talk to me..You can't seriously tell me you are going to try to force me to watch your "soaps" with you?" "I would like it if you at least tried."

Damn men. I will have no idea what-so-ever of what's going on.I would think it would be irritating to have someone constantly demanding to know "Who's that?Why she'd do that? What's happening?" I may very well sit with him next time and ask the questions I'd have to to understand his "soaps".See if he actually thinks it's a good idea to make me watch the damn thing with him.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I hate soaps and won't watch them for any damn body!! Do you like anything he hates? Tell him he must watch it with you.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Which soap does he watch and why does he have to change it in middle of a show you were watching together?

CrystalPystol
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I don't watch soaps either. I think you should make him watch something with you that he doesn't like; or as you said sit there and ask questions so you can undersand what is going on.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM

He changed it because it is a spanish soap,and he likes watching as it's giving...(Corazon Valiente). I don't mind that he changed the channel,I'd rather be reading anyway. I just don't get why he wants to force me to watch the stupid thing. I know I will NEVER like soaps! So,what good does trying do?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Which soap does he watch and why does he have to change it in middle of a show you were watching together?

Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

at least its a spanish novela..they end unlike the ENGLISH ones where they keep going and going....you know the drill :/

Quoting brandyblx:

He changed it because it is a spanish soap,and he likes watching as it's giving...(Corazon Valiente). I don't mind that he changed the channel,I'd rather be reading anyway. I just don't get why he wants to force me to watch the stupid thing. I know I will NEVER like soaps! So,what good does trying do?

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Yeah they like to get us interested in their shows .  My guy likes to watch Finding Bigfoot so if i do not feel in the mood to watch it, I pull out laptop and stay in room with him (even if he falls asleep).

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting frndlyfn:

.KFeatherable.
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM

sounds like his Manstrual cycle. I don't watch soaps either, but hopefully someone can deal with grouchiness and take him off your hands!

mgm_5
by Mari on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Spanish soaps have beautiful women half nekkid no wonder he watches ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:25 AM

LMAO ...i found that funny , i know its probably not funny for you though.

I am wondering what is his problem though...you are right you didn't leave the room..you just grabbed your kindle..so i don't really see an issue.

My guy watched Nikita for two days straight last week...what did i do? I hopped on the computer , i went in the other room and watched a movie...i did the dishes...i sat beside him and read a book...he never had a problem with it.

Mind you , i am the one that had to reassure him that we didn't always have to be watching the same thing with eachother ..that as long as we were in the same room it was still considered spending time together to me...he was shocked that i felt that way lol.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Neither do I. I'm thinking it's more he was in a bad mood....And,I do find it kind of funny.Throwing a fit because I won't watch/pretend to watch a  show I hate. Gah--I'll stay with him on Thursday night (next day off) and irritate the heck out of him with silly questions.( So even he can't really understand what's happening.Oh, it is recorded...he'll still be able to watch it later.)LOL

Quoting Two_Hearts:

LMAO ...i found that funny , i know its probably not funny for you though.

I am wondering what is his problem though...you are right you didn't leave the room..you just grabbed your kindle..so i don't really see an issue.

My guy watched Nikita for two days straight last week...what did i do? I hopped on the computer , i went in the other room and watched a movie...i did the dishes...i sat beside him and read a book...he never had a problem with it.

Mind you , i am the one that had to reassure him that we didn't always have to be watching the same thing with eachother ..that as long as we were in the same room it was still considered spending time together to me...he was shocked that i felt that way lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)