Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This flu is HORRID.

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:48 AM
  • 3 Replies
It's been 2 weeks now and thus flu.has come back full force. This is the third time I've come down with a fever and this one is BAD.I deteriorated in a matter of minutes. Temp went from 96.5 ( I was FREEZING) to 100.2 in less than an hr. I am so lucky my mom happened to be visiting. I literally passed out right after contacting my boss and saying... Work isn't happening tomorrow and calling my dad whom I normally pick up Sunday night and spends the night for a couple nights bc he babysits kiddo. My mom bathed my dd, and put her to bed. I'm delirious, nauseous, have horrid diarrhea (sorry if TMI) its why I'm up at the moment... And burning up. Don't want to take anything bc I'm super sensitive to medication and if I take Nyquil id be knocked out and I don't want to risk being loopy bc of my dd.

Anyone else have this flu? It f*cks with you... You think you're getting better... You start doing normal things AnD then WHAM. God its hit me, for the third time, like a ton of bricks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Lemon juice will loosen congestion; honey soothes a sore throat. Try bananas, rice, applesauce, or toast for the diarrhea. If you're vomiting too, I'd recommend the applesauce as it would be then least painful if it comes back up. Try a cool, damp cloth to your neck for the fever.

Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.DebB
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:55 AM
I'm sorry. That's sucks, a lot (understatement, I know). I'm pretty sure I've never had the flu (knock on wood!) but make sure you take in some probiotics (I eat extra soy/almond/coconut milk yogurt if I have any kind of *cough* digestive upset.. Lol
I hope you are able to beat this asap. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:16 AM

I am so sorry. I've had some incredibly nasty strains before, but not like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)