Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can I put my 5 year old in a regular non high back booster seat?

Posted by   + Show Post

Here's the issue. My DH took his car to work and it had her high back booster seat in it. I need to pick her p from school and bring her to an appointment and was going to pick up a regular non high back booster seat. I figure we can use it for when friends come in the car?

She's 5 years old, 45 inches and 42 lbs.

Is this relatively safe? Anybody know?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

yes you can

dont let mamas here tell you other wise

TableforSeven
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My kids only used no-back boosters from the time they were 4-5 years old until they were no longer required to use boosters.  It was never a problem.

grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yes, you can, legally. Is it the safest? Probably not. Your call....

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Can you do it legally? yes.. is it the safest? No. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM
You will be fine. It's temporary first of all and then your well have a back up that doesn't take up much space to have around the house. It's better than just sticking her in the regular seat and going
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lottie925
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

This is just temporary, I will put her back in her high back tomorrow.

Thanks!

Lottie925
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Yes, but it is literally for 1, 15 minute ride and she'll go back to her high back tomorrow, and then I'll have the booster for guests. I ALSO have an 11 month old in a convertible car seat facing backwards, so a low booster is the only 3rd seat option, a 2nd high back would not fit for a friend.

Quoting jessi2girls:

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I repeat.. can you do it legally.. YES..

is it the SAFEST.. NO..

ultimately the choice is yours..  but you asked two things.. A: can you? yes.. B: is it safe? Not the safest, no.   And I answered those for you..  

I personally wouldn't, but again, the choice is yours, and I answered your reply.  Nothing further to say really. 

Yes, but it is literally for 1, 15 minute ride and she'll go back to her high back tomorrow, and then I'll have the booster for guests. I ALSO have an 11 month old in a convertible car seat facing backwards, so a low booster is the only 3rd seat option, a 2nd high back would not fit for a friend.

Quoting jessi2girls:

sarah824
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

My 5 year old uses a regular booster on occasion. She is a little smaller than your DD. 

Lottie925
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

OK then....

confused

Quoting jessi2girls:

I repeat.. can you do it legally.. YES..

is it the SAFEST.. NO..

ultimately the choice is yours..  but you asked two things.. A: can you? yes.. B: is it safe? Not the safest, no.   And I answered those for you..  

I personally wouldn't, but again, the choice is yours, and I answered your reply.  Nothing further to say really. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)