Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cheapest way to get a divorce...?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is there a cheapest way to get divorced? I want a divorce, would rather not go into detail. We talked today about it, and promised each other we would not get nasty (I know everyone says that).
I told him I want NOTHING but our son. He can have it all, and I'll get my own place with DS. I also have NO plan to to take any rights away as a father. I want them to be able to see each other as much as I can.

So can we do this without a lawyer? I really don't believe he will get nasty. His main concern our son, just like mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (51-51):
happynewyorker
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

if u have been married for many years, u are entitled to 1/2. If u don't want anything, take somethiing.  I understand our children are important to us.  But, consider the thing that u should want is more for ur child than yourself.  meanning, if u decide on 1/2 of the house when he sells it take the money for ur children for college.  something that ur child will benefit in the future.  With regard to healh insurance and dental, if ur soon to be X has better insurance then u, have him pay for the child, this includes dental.  Or have him pay for the dental, if you don't have it.  

My husband and I are waiting for the divorce to go through.  He has nothing and I have myself, my daughter and my dignity.  I know that things will be hard for me and my daughter. We go to see a therapist to help us with the transition. I know that when our lease expires in September 2013, my life style with my daughter will be different financially.  He father has dental insurance and he will pay for that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)