Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what is the scariest thing

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 46 Replies
that has ever happened to you? just a slow day and want to hear some stories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Being told my son had a birth defect that would take his life before or shortly after birth. He also had several episodes of sepsis and was critically ill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

My dh almost dying this year when he went into renal failure

mom2swtboys
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM
When my older 2 boys were 2 & 3 (maybe 3 & 4) we went to the carnival. It was me, dh, our 2 boys, fil, mil, 3 nieces, 2 nephews & sil. We went thru the fun house (me & dh went in with all the kids, the adults waited at the end, which was a slide) My oldest came out & I could have sworn my fil had him. Fil comes up & asks where ds is. I freaked out! He was only missing for maybe 5, 10 seconds but it felt like forever. He was behind us, in a crowd of people trying to go back thru the fun house. I bawled my eyes out, hugged him tight & didn't let go of his hand all night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM
I had a late term miscarriage and my body didn't expel the baby right away. Well the day before my d&c my body decided while I was at work would be a good time to expel the baby. There was so much blood I panicked and drove myself to the er. Got an earful from everyone about that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Luckily my husband and my kids never had anything terrible happen to them and I pray that they NEVER will. My most scariest thing was when I had mono when I was 18 years old. I went into the ER because I couldn't get my fever to go down. When I was hooked up to the monitors my heart rate was over 190 bpm. They had about 10 different people in there hooking me up to EKGS and they had to use this medicine shot in my IV that slowed my heart rate down. It would make it feel like my heart would stop beating. They did this 4 times because my heart simply would NOT stop beating so fast. Finally it slowed down to around 120 BPM and they were okay with that. Turns out I was severely dehydrated and needed 4 liters of fluid to rehydrate me!!! I thought I was going to die :( 

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

twicethemomjess
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM
so sorry

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Being told my son had a birth defect that would take his life before or shortly after birth. He also had several episodes of sepsis and was critically ill.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Thank you. He is still here almost 10 years later. :) He is a fighter.

Quoting twicethemomjess:

so sorry

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM
My 21 month old had a febrile seizure Friday and stopped breathing. Hands down scariest moment of my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twicethemomjess
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM
geeze. glad you're okay

Quoting trishasjunebug:

Luckily my husband and my kids never had anything terrible happen to them and I pray that they NEVER will. My most scariest thing was when I had mono when I was 18 years old. I went into the ER because I couldn't get my fever to go down. When I was hooked up to the monitors my heart rate was over 190 bpm. They had about 10 different people in there hooking me up to EKGS and they had to use this medicine shot in my IV that slowed my heart rate down. It would make it feel like my heart would stop beating. They did this 4 times because my heart simply would NOT stop beating so fast. Finally it slowed down to around 120 BPM and they were okay with that. Turns out I was severely dehydrated and needed 4 liters of fluid to rehydrate me!!! I thought I was going to die :( 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twicethemomjess
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM
is he okay

Quoting sugareemommee:

My 21 month old had a febrile seizure Friday and stopped breathing. Hands down scariest moment of my life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)