Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need Some Advice Fellow Mommys! (Edit in Post!)

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

Over the weekend, I found that my 5 year old had head lice (again). Now; we've gone through the routine of going through her hair and ridding her of the bugs/nits/eggs. We were lucky this time and managed to catch them right in the beginning; so it didn't take long for me to clear her head. But what I want to know is if there are any possible ways of keeping those bugs from infesting my childs head again. This is the second time she's had them, and frankly, I don't want any more repeats! So; any suggestions ladies? I'm open to ALL helpful tidbits of info!!

- Rachael.

EDIT

We did wash all the bedding; toys, pillows, etc.. I went Nazi on EVERYTHING she's come in contact with. Washed her coat; hat, gloves. Put all her hair ties; hair brush, and combs in boiling hot water. I looked like a nut running around my apartment making sure I got EVERYTHING, haha. But keep the suggestions coming! We aren't too sure if she got them from school or from over at her Dad's house, either.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Did you spray the house, dryer all the pillows and stuffed animal's , bleach all the toys, those nasty things can live anywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Make sure she doesn't share hats, combs, brushes, etc. with ANYONE! Also put pillows in the dryer, wash all the sheets, blankets, and pillowcases; put her toys in an airtight bag; disinfect the house (Lysol wipes), etc.

jamielynnef2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Is she getting them from school or was the second time from the house bc some survived?....put her hair up when she goes to school to have a better chance of avoiding getting them from someone else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM

If they are coming home from school, it will be hard to prevent. Stress not sharing hats, scarves, combs, hair bows, ... all the pretty things little girls like.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Did you spray down and wash all the bedding, couches, stuffed animals, clothes, etc? If you didn't, you likely keep having repeats. If it's coming from school, you might have to give  harsh lesson about not sharing head pieces.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)