Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you were the president?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM
  • 75 Replies

How would you fix the economy? What would you do different, so that people would'nt have to get PA?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rowansmum
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Its such a complicated problem and with how the system works without basically letting it crash and starting again I don't know that anyone could. To be honest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting rowansmum:

Its such a complicated problem and with how the system works without basically letting it crash and starting again I don't know that anyone could. To be honest.

So are you saying its a loss cause?

little.worthen
by Tess on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

i dont know that they need to get off, but people need to stop purely living off it and abusing it. i would regulate it very strictly and put a limit on how long you can be on it.

rowansmum
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Not necessarily but in order to actually do any changes you have to potentially cut funding from some big corporations. To some extent true change is governed by profitability

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting rowansmum:

So are you saying its a loss cause?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quoting little.worthen:

i dont know that they need to get off, but people need to stop purely living off it and abusing it. i would regulate it very strictly and put a limit on how long you can be on it.

I totally agree, they should be at least 5 if not 10 years. But how would you handle the disable?

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea. I don't know enough economics to even know where to begin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If walmart had to pay every starting salary at 10 dollars an hour.

Their prices would be a lot higher.

congratulations - you just increased the cost of merchandise about 50%.

rowansmum
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Even then. If they are determined they'll stay on it. I see it around here all the time. People getting around policies, ignoring rules, forging, lying. And then you run the risk of cutting someone off who truly needs because they don't fit

Quoting little.worthen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

did you mean to quote me a blank reply?

ETA: it was blank a second ago. i was thinking more like 3 to 5. as for the disabled, they would have to get regular physicals and updates on their condition. It'd be a lot harder to get into the program and disability would be stricter too . I cant tell you how many people i know who get disability and have a job on teh side under the table doing physical labor.

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting little.worthen:

I totally agree, they should be at least 5 if not 10 years. But how would you handle the disable?

Acknowledge God - An INSPIRATIONAL blog
Join us in Classic Rock Mom's 
Check out our Article Club on Facebook! 

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Quoting happymommy1105:

I have no idea. I don't know enough economics to even know where to begin.

Me neither, but I know enough to know the government is cheating the working people. And I am going back to school to learn more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN