Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do?.. How would you react?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM
  • 47 Replies
You provide a family member that watches your child while you work with a car seat.

This family member comes to meet you with your child in a storm. It's raining heavily foggy etc.

This family member doesn't bring your child's car seat and they've driving approx 20 mins with your kid.

What do you do when they pull up? What do you say? How do you react?

I'm asking bc this happened to me today so I'm just wondering what y'all would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Sherry on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have flipped a switch. I'd have probably beat the living hell out of someone. But then I have serious anger issues and they seem worse when it is someone being completely stupid. 

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I would be very upset that they didn't use the car seat and proceeded to drive my child to me in a storm with fog and no car seat! 

I would ask them why they didn't use the seat that I gave them? Why they thought it was okay to drive my child in a storm with no car seat! 

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

alli1204
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd flat out ask why the hell my child wasn't safely in a car seat. That's inexcusable to me and my filter would be gone in that situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
They wouldn't be watching my child anymore
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be pissed.  They would no longer be watching my child.

BEXi
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I would have flipped my shit

kirstina
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is the child to me that make a difference. If its a small child then I would not have said anything and they just wouldnt baby sit agian. If its an older kid. like 4-5 then I would just tell them that my child needs to be in a car seat its the law and keep them safe.

Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
She's 4. Personally I don't think age makes a difference if they got in an accident she wouldn't have been protected.

Quoting kirstina:

How old is the child to me that make a difference. If its a small child then I would not have said anything and they just wouldnt baby sit agian. If its an older kid. like 4-5 then I would just tell them that my child needs to be in a car seat its the law and keep them safe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

its just as dangerous if the child is in a cheap carseat or one that is not properly installed

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I would ask WHY my child wasn't in his car seat. I would ask What are you thinking driving my child without one? I would make myself stay calm because I probably cant get another sitter by tomrrow am. But you can bet your ass this person will be replaced ASAP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN